Sarah recently had a contest on her blog where the winners won the movie, FIREPROOF
and the book
Love Dare
(a 40 day challenge as featured in the movie).
Now, I'm not married...obviously,
but I'm a huge fan of strong marriages and anything that promotes them! So, for Valentine's Day...
I'll be giving away:
1 FIREPROOF DVD
and
2 copies of The Love Dare
*You do not need to be married or in the USA to enter (that's for you, Janet, Kasey, or anyone else that may read this blog that I don't know about)!
Here's what you do:
Leave a comment relating to Valentines' Day, a verse, a good quote, something about someone special, good memory, tradition, etc...anything to do relating to the holiday!
I'll be drawing the winners
next Thursday night (12th) at midnight!
23 comments:
Hey Tam! I would love to win!
I love these two verses.."Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalms 37:4)
And...
"To love Him with all your heart, with all your understanding, and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." (Mark 12:33)
Also, the little things are the things that count in my book...little notes or a phone call just to say hey, I am thinking of you or I love you. :)
Thanks for the chance to win some great prizes, Tami!!!
Marla Hodel
Great contest, Tami ;)
I always looked forward to Valentine's Day because my mom would buy a present for each one of us kids! So fun...a birthday in February :)
(Don't enter me in the contest since I own both:))
Tami, this is such a nice giveaway. I'm loving the second chance, since I was slightly disappointed about not winning Sarah's giveaway. I've thought so many times recently, how thankful I am for my husband, especially through pregnancy. I've thought about women who face becoming a mother alone, for whatever reason, and I can't imagine just how scary it would be. I'm so thankful to have a supportive husband beside me and that we can experience this new journey together.
I love you, Tam. I've always appreciated the way you accepted Daniel as your friend, too when he came into my life. You have always rejoiced with me and it means a lot to me...so thanks!
I Corinthians 13:4
Love is Patient, Love is kind, it does not envy, love does not brag nor is arrogant.
I just saw this movie last weekend for the first time....wow, its definitely one to own!!!
Oh - I so would love this movie so OF COURSE count me in! : )
A favorite memory growing up was how I can never remember a time that my dad brought home flowers for my mom . . .and didn't bring a single flower home for each of us girls too. This was especially true for special occasions like Valentine's day, but even for the "just because" gifts.
I can remember in high school somewhat shrugging it off, but inwardly it meant the world as that was a time especially that I was craving to be treated like I was special as a girl.
I don't think I've ever mentioned it to Ryan, but even now, when he brings something home for me, he brings a little something for Ava. I love that he is creating a legacy for her, too, of being shown what it is to be cherished as woman.
I still haven't seen this movie so please, pick me, pick me! (otherwise I'll drown you when we swim next) :)
One of my favorite love chapters is 1 John 3. It was one of the passages we had read at our wedding. I love it because it talks about what true love is. True love is Christ dying on the cross for us so we can live with Him.
While VDay is a special day to show people we love them through gifts and kind gestures, let's not forget the greatest gift of love that we have received from Christ!
The wonderful thing is that no matter if you are single or married, man or woman, you can have a special Valentine's Day knowing that you are loved by THE Savior!
One of my favorite Valentine memories is when my dad bought me a very special gift. When I was a senior, I got my class ring. After only a week of owning it, I lost it. I was so bummed and we looked everywhere for it. Two years ago on valentine's day my dad got me a card and wrote in it "Sentimental Memories....Some old, Some new. Something Lost-made again new for you. Because.... I LOVE YOU!" There was a little stuffed puppy with a velvet ring bag tied around it's neck and inside was my exact class ring! He had saved the receipt from 2003 and went and had another ring made just for me! I loved it and am so thankful for such a loving dad!
Jessica (T)
Oooh, fun! I really enjoy Valentine's Day. It's the teacher in me. When I taught, I loved seeing my student's Valentine boxes and getting Valentines (and candy) from my students. I am quite excited that Cade gets to take Valentines to school this year.
Memory- the first year Ben & I were married I made cream puffs for Valentines Day- not sure what went wrong but they were the consistency of pancake batter and ran all over the cookie sheet and into the bottom of the oven. Ben came home and I was quite upset. I've made them successfully since though but will never forget.
Yay! I love a giveaway.
One V-day memory. It was our first valentine's day married. I told him he didn't need to worry about a gift. He didn't. He learned quickly of his mistake! If you read marriage books, this is a classic mistake on my part, but hey I was young and foolish and thought my husband could read my mind, even when my words were telling him the opposite!
Ahh, good times.
I VERY rarely win anything, but thought I'd give it a try...so,
I love them that love me and those that seek me early shall find me
Prov. 8:17
A "secret admirer" sent me this verse a while back. I still have it and some day hope to find out who sent it to me :)
Sara R.
OHHHHH Tami...I would love to win your prizes, because I have never won anything on your blog ever. Plus I would love to watch 'Fireproof' I haven't seen it yet.
I think I would make a great winner, because I am single just like you are, and much more clueless than you are with relationships. Plus you and I have been the single ones among our friends for several years now.
I believe I once had a famous quote about romance that you put on your facebook profile for awhile and so I will refresh you memory, because I am still proud of making your wall, even to this day.
"Tami...when it comes to love, it is like everyone else has matches and we are rubbing two sticks together."
-Jonathan Eberhardt, Circa 2006.
I love this movie, and I have the book, although I have not started it yet. BUT I WOULD love the movie.
I always make little valentine goody bags for my kiddos.
I Corinthians 13:4, it was read at our wedding.
SO FUN thanks
everyone has such nice things to post...jonathan's actually made me laugh outloud! I watched the movie for the first time last weekend with my husband...I would love to have either one.
I don't have very many memories from Valentines' days, but the one that sticks out to me is when we were little and lived in Japan and Daddy brought home these pretty flowering plants, one for Mommy, and one for the three of us...it was so sweet...and a little unusual for him to do such a thoughtful gift, especially because in Japan, it is the woman that gives the man a gift.
-Heidi
I will sign up! :)
My Valentines day memories..... Well, Phil has made a point to send me flowers for the past several years, which always makes me feel special! He is so sweet. Last year my friends played a cruel joke and switched the cards on the flowers to be from someone I would prefer to never recieve them from.... good memories! :)
One of my favorite childhood memories is rushing home after school to see what my mom left for us on our bed. She's visiting me for 10 days and when she came back to our home this week for a few days she came in with a pretty bag and tissue paper and said Happy Valentines Day--and I told her...oh go put it on our bed for old times sake. :) I try to do this always for our kids also. It was a fun childhood memory for me.
One of my favorite memories of Valentine's Day is from when I was on a mission trip to Juarez, Mexico. There were five single girls on the trip, and Tom Furrer bought us all a rose. It was so sweet of him, and he quickly became our adopted dad!
A verse I like is II Corinthians 12:15--"...I will very gladly spend and be spent for you..." It reminds me that I should never be too tired, too grouchy, too whatever to love my husband!
Great contest. My sister-in-law is so creative:)
Sarah Q Fiechter
Actually, something that I think of a lot is one of the stories you told at Vision a few years ago... about your Valentine's gifts from Jesus... that resonated with me and I'll always remember it. So... you're the someone special my comment is about! :)
Great giveaway... I totally wanted to see this movie in the theater, but it was gone before I got the chance. Love you!
A fun memory that I have of Valentines day was in the second grade. My dad sent me a HUGE ballon that you could see through and it had a real teddy bear inside it as well as candy. It was so fun to get during class since all my friends could see it too...I felt pretty special :)
What a great giveaway!
Reading what everyone has said has made me excited for the day. I can't believe it is almost here. I still have yet to buy those yummy candy hearts!
Through the years I have come to realize that love can be found inthe little things...
My dad just called me to thank me for taking time to visit them in FL and spend time with them. He said I just called to tell you that and that I love you.
Do you know how much that meant?
My father-in-law just the other day said that he was so happy that I was in the family.
Do you know how much that meant?
Landon telling me he loves me out of the blue... Elle coming to sit in my lap...Briana smiling at me...Tater taking hold of my hand. Love is in the little things and it's all around me.
I have always loved Eph. 3:14-21, talking about the magnitude of God's love. Whenever I read it I am overwhelmed with how much I am loved by my Heavenly Father.
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Eph. 3:19
Dear tami--what fun you make for everyone!! i was thinking i wanted to add something here, and realized i am almost within 24 hours of the cutoff!!! :-).
Normally i would probably say 1st Cor. 13, because God's love is the greatest of all, but i didn't want to miss the chance to tell about a special time Brian had for me--probably 20 years ago or more!
He does nice things all the time, but this one is unique, so i thought i'd tell about it.
We like to go out to eat, but instead of eating out as a getaway, he told me he wanted to make supper for me one evening. (In all truthfulness, i was a little disappointed at first, because i really like to eat out!)
:-)
But he told me i should go shop or something, while he got ready--(how could i not shop if my husband told me to???) so, he took the kids to his Mom's (Grandma Huber's) while i was gone, and he told me when to come home.
When i came home the table was set with good china, candles, and he was breathless, trying to get everything done at the right time
:-). He had Chicken Kiev, REAL mashed potatoes, and a wonderfully delicious meal, along with a tape (no Cd's back then) made with a selection of lots of special romantic songs. i still listen to it occasionally.
It was a wonderful evening, and he went to so much effort, i just wanted to share it.
I guess that was a good example of giving himself like Christ gives himself for all of us, which is an will be the greatest romance ever, Jesus the husband, we his bride.
Love you, Tami! May you enjoy an awesome Valentine's day, filled with the love you so freely give!
Jeremiah 31:3 ...I have loved thee with an everlasting love... How wonderful to know He will love us always!
When my children were at home I would get a valentine for them and their dad and would put it on their plates for the evening meal.
My husband is not the romantic sort and one Valentine's Day after yet another day with nothing, I turned to my teenage son and told him that things like flowers and such are important to women. It made me feel so good that he remembered this when he was married and got his wife gifts just because.
Name for previous post is Shirley. Sorry I forgot to put that before.
I would encourage each and every couple to have date nights if it's just a walk just the two of you. It's so important to keep that line of communication open!
Post a Comment