June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Poll Results: Mr. Andy Bernard, break me off a piece of that...apple sauce. No, Chyrsler car...football cream...

I tried to think of something to say that would be half as funny as Mr. Bernard...but I couldn't. So instead, I decided to just quote him and we can be reminded why so many of us like him so much...and why a roadtrip with him could really be the next best thing to a roadtrip with Jim or Pam. :)

Michael: Gift baskets are amazing Phyllis. Gift baskets are the essence of class and fanciness. They are the ultimate present that a person can receive.
Andy: What about cash? With cash you can buy whatever you want, including a gift basket. So, it’s kind of the best gift ever.
Jim: What about a gift basket full of cash?
Andy: Yes! Cash basket!
_________________
Andy: The “Finer Things Club” is the most exclusive club in this office. Naturally it’s where I need to be. The Party Planning Committee is my backup and Kevin’s band is my safety.
_________________
Andy: Jim Halpert’s off the market. Guess who just became the best looking single guy in the office?
_________________
Andy: I’ll be the number 2 guy here in Scranton in six weeks. How? Name repetition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I’m always thinking one step ahead like a carpenter who makes stairs.
_________________
Andy: [to Jim] What’s up ‘Big Haircut’? You are no longer ‘Big Tuna’. From henceforth you shall be known as ‘Big Haircut’.

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

Tami, SO funny!!!! you picked some of the best! If only there was some way to hear his voice singing his song to Angela with his buddies on the speaker phones!! That was the scene that made me start to appreciate Mr. Bernard.

thanks for the laugh Tami!

Anonymous said...

Check it out: on here two days in a row. Thanks for the shout out. I will have to check out Andy B. in a new light from now on. I am pretty new to the office. Love, J

Anonymous said...

I love Andy, but I think Michael is far funnier. Anyways I was reading your quotes and thought of my favorite Andy moment. This was a long time ago, back when Andy and Jim were still at the Stamford office, before coming to Scranton. Anyways all of that office always played that war game on their computer. Jim was doing really bad, and they all got called into the bosses office, and were yelling at Jim. Anyways Andy was so pissed, and he said to Jim, "Big Tuna, I am actually going to kill you. I mean I am going to kill you in real life. For real."

I guess that was not very funny when I typed it, trust me if you ever see the rerun of that seen you will laugh hard.

Mindy said...

lol...Great quotes Tami! You picked PERFECT ones! Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

those were great!! He is one of my favorites (i voted for him)! I especially like the one in your title...so hilarious!!
~Alissa

sarah.flyingkites said...

Here's our family's favorite Andy moment: When the office was having a meeting...Jim was in charge... Dwight was tape recording it. Jim was frustrated that Dwight was taping and started saying crazy stuff about Dwight on the recorder. Andy got too excited and caught up in the moment that he over-reacted and said, "I'm cutting off Phyllis' head with a chain saw." Everyone got quiet and just looked at him. Awkward silence.

Funny post Tami!

sarah.flyingkites said...

One more thing...

This is weird! Guess what's playing on my radio right now? "Take a Chance on Me." Isn't that the song you were talking about Rebekah?

Crazy...

megs @ whadusay said...

Great quotes - I have to admit I was not an Andy fan at first. He completely annoyed me, BUT once he got back from anger management training both Kory and I grew to appreciate him and I think we could both say he has grown to be one of our favorites!