June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Monday, June 16, 2008

Hero of the Week: Hisato "Hank" Inoue

It's good to have my Dad home!!! I thought that since it was father's day that it was only fitting to name my Dad as hero of the week.  Wow...there are a lot of things I could say as to why he's my hero this week.  I just know that he's lived through some things that most of us can only imagine and he's come out of it strong.  When I would have crawled in a hole and never wanted to come out, he's used it to push him to become stronger in many ways.  I love asking him for advice in all areas of my life as he's able to see things and people clearer than I can.  He's one of the hardest workers I know and also one of the most generous men I've ever met.  
My Dad has a way with his grandchildren that surprises me every time I'm with them.  He will go months and not see them but whenever he does, they simply adore him! Growing up, I've always heard that I was very much like my Dad and I always liked hearing it...so here's to you Daddy.  You're my hero in many ways and I'm proud to be your daughter! Happy Father's Day!

8 comments:

Pam said...

Good post, Tami and you look adorable in that picture!

Rebekah said...

I agree with every word!! Thanks for the post Tam Tam!

Anonymous said...

I also agree, I have the utmost respect for your dad. His background of building a business after coming to America and living in Francesville after growing up his whole life in Japan is a great American story.

However much more than his high level of intellect and business savvy, I really respect his strength dealing with your mom passing away and the whole long story of his conversion later in life. He really is a remarkable man, I really wish I could get to know him better!! (maybe this January)

In my limited time with him, we really hit it off, (as we have talked about many times) So anyways Hank, you rock.

Anonymous said...

I just remember him telling me that Darci had 'Huber thighs' I still am not 100% sure what he meant, but I still laugh about it.

sarah.flyingkites said...

Such a sweet post, Tami. Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

love the pictures tam, especially little Josh's face.
-Heidi

Anonymous said...

I have a random memory of your dad, actually it's my only memory since it was the only time I've ever seen him... I remember at Family Camp years ago (like 13 or so) we were doing a mixer and you had to remember things about the people in your group and one was middle names so your dad decided that his was going to be Bob. He must not have a middle name or else none of us could say it right. Anyway my jr high self just thought your dad was so funny for giving himself the name Hank Bob.

Tami said...

Wendy, you're right! He doesn't have a middle name...I never heard that story. That's so funny...what a crazy guy.