June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Here's my confessions:

I know, I should have come up with a more appropriate title, but my creative juices are somewhat parched.

So, I was having a conversation with Rebekah and it got me thinking...

I've realized that as humans, a lot of us go along with the majority's opinion letting them hand us our opinions...I think it's called peer pressure. And as an adult, I like to think that I know what I think and like. However, today I realized that I go along with society on a lot of what I say I like when really, it's just not true. So today, I'm declaring some shocking likes and dislikes of this here Tami Paige Inoue! Some of you will know these:



1. I LOVE winter. I could live in winter land all year long. Days like today...spring days when it feels like the beginning of summer are depressing to me because it means that spring is almost here.





2. I don't like chocolate. It almost has an hint of an acidic taste to me and I'd rather eat a nacho pie any day of the week. (No, I've never had a nacho pie but have suggested it in place of dessert for family but no one seems excited)








3. I do not think 'tall + dark = handsome. In fact, if someone is described as dark and muscular, I immediatly picture them ugly.







4. I like Britney Spear's song, I'm Not a Girl. That's mostly because of college day memories of 116 girls tied to that song, but I'll admit it, I have it on my ipod. But I have to clarify that I did not like the movie!...and yes, I've seen it.






5. Out of my 26 years of life, there were only 2 years that I wanted to get married (ages 22-23)...now I'm back to the, "I wouldn't be good at it and there seems to be a lot more cons than pros to it. I think I'd be bored and he'd be bored with me". So I don't really fit in with the married people, nor the single people 'cause 99.9% want to be married (which I will say is a good thing to desire marriage...wow, I wont get into that). Maybe I just fit in with the people that are married and wish they were single! :)



6. I don't like pie. Actually, most of you know, in general, I don't like sweet things...unless they're snacky like licorice. But dessert? I only eat it socially...you know how people drink for social purposes? That's the only reason I'd eat dessert.



7. You know how when you're in the gas station bathrooms and you're trying to squat instead of sit 'cause gas station bathrooms are gross? Well, there've been times when my legs gave out and I actually sat.




Well, that's my confessions. You? Any weird abnormal likes or dislikes?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For one thing I disagree with your opinion that tall + dark = ugly!!! As far as abnormalities go, I am with you kind of on the dessert thing...I don't really like cake. Actually I did not even eat one bite of our wedding cake. I'll eat it if its being served, but I RARELY make it.
~Alissa

Anonymous said...

Wow, now this is a great blog...this is like the old days..

A few comments:

1. Loving winter is a mystery to me, I hate being cold, my toes and fingers are frozen all winter and I wake up everyday in a bad mood when it is cold. I hate not being able to play golf, and having to running all bundled up. Thus I now live in South Florida.

2. I also happen to think Chocolate is overrated. There are many desserts and food that I like much better than Chocolate, I'll take vanilla ice cream over chocolate any time. Also I love your nacho pie idea, nachos are one of my favorite foods.

3. When I hear tall, dark and handsome, I think creep who may be out to kill someone. Maybe I am biased becaue I am tall and light.

4. I have never heard that song, so I have no opinion here.

5. Interesting perspective on being single. I share your opinion halfway. I am fairly content being single right now, I don't wake up depressed and lonely because I am single. However I am worried that in a couple years when I do want to get married more, all of the good girls are going to be gone. I know that is irrational, but so far in my life all the girls I have had feelings for are married, so I am a little sensitive about this.

6. Pie can be really good if it is made by certain people. Unfortunately 95% of the time it is gross. (this includes any store purchased pie)

7. I don't care about any toilet, I'll sit on anything. Unless I have an open wound on my butt.

A couple of confessions of my own for your own enjoyment Tami...

1. I actually prefer hanging out with older people than people my age. I would rather hang out with Gail Romersberger or Joe Hoerr than just about anyone.

2. I think one of my favorite songs is still 'In Christ Alone' As embarrassed as I am about this, I still love that song even more than most Southern Gospel songs.

3. I am not a racist person at all and feel like I am not prejudiced against most people. However, I have a really hard time with white trash people. Their attitudes, stupid habits, and lifestyle just irks me. I have never been able to be nice to white trash people. One of the reason I hated being an ICU nurse was dealing with white trash people. I honestly provided lower quality care to them when they were my patients.

4. I hate running, but I do it everyday. I just fear becoming obese and losing control of my health.

Wow that was long like the old days. Next weekend should be fine, tell Heidi to bring her baby, so I can take some pictures with him to impress girls.

Anonymous said...

Tami, thanks for sharing. If it makes you feel any better Kirk tells me that toilet seats are made with that antimicrobial material and are actually pretty safe to sit on. I figure he would know.So, I confess to occasionally sitting too. Sometimes you just have to pee to bad to mess with the cover things.

Rebekah said...

This was a fun post tami!

Jon...your comments made me wish once again that you had a blog...those were good days.

As for my confessions...I haven't had a lot of time to think about this so they may not be too interesting.

1. I enjoy eating slightly freezer burnt ice cream...I know, people think it's gross but I like it when it get's a little icy. The crunchyness is fun.

2. When I am not pregnant and "normal", I would rather eat carrots and dip than chocolate or other sweet foods. I love salty foods as well...one of these family nights, we will have to make a nacho pie for dessert. When I am pregnant all I want is sweet stuff!

3. I love classical music and opera...have since I was a teeny kid (well, I was actually never teeny!) I like to tell myself I am not weird but sophisticated and cultured! :D

4. I think tall + dark usually equals handsome but, they also often intimidate me...not because I think they are so good looking...it's just something about all that darkness I guess. Strange I know.

5. I don't belive getting married solves any problems!!!! *gasp!* duh duh duh dummmmmm (that is to tue tune of Beethoven's 5th...got to have some culture to know that! ha ha) I think it's a common misconception that getting married makes us happier, more content, and settled. I don't believe it for a minute! If you're not that way before, you are sure not going to be that way in marriage. Don't get me wrong, being married has been great...but it doesn't automatically make me a better person.

well, that is my serious confession.

Amber said...

someday Tam we'll have to get together and blast that song for old times . . .I think I can still remember all the words!!! : )

have you ever tasted taco pie - maybe that would halfway meet your dream of a nacho pie.

and by the way . . .all that chocolate that doesn't sound good to you? pass it on to me!!!