June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Let's play!

First things first...I feel like responding to the comments on the "confessions" post:
Alissa...I should have clarified, I think I picture ugly when I hear dark and muscular because I associate it with eyebrows that could scare Bert & Ernie. However, your husband is a fine looking gentleman, and he's not what conjures up images in my head of what I would consider to be "ugly". :) I know you didn't say that, but I just felt like saying all that!

Jon...I forgot that you like "In Christ Alone". I have an appreciation for that song, but it would probably be listed on my top 10 of most annoying praise songs to sing with a group...soley for the fact that the majority of people rarely know all the words which results in endless verses of no one knowing any words except for the one quiet girl who obviously learned them at home and wont sing loud enough for everyone to follow, but just loud enough that everyone knows she knows them and is straining to hear the words!

Wendy...what a relief!!! You tell your husband that I am very grateful to know that fact and will think of him the next time I sit on a public pot...wait, that doesn't sound right. Hmm, just tell him thanks! :)

Bek...I'm holding you to the nacho pie!!! I've always wanted a nacho cake for my birthday! We'll have to do that this coming October! :)

Okay...so I feel like playing a game, and yes, there will be a prize involved!!! Maybe this will be a new feature if it goes well! :) We're going to play 25 questions...So I have a person, place, or thing in my mind and everyone can ask questions. I'll take up to 25 questions and whoever is the first to guess, will win a prize! You can ask the question in the comments even if I post another post...just ask the question in the latest post! If 3 people think a hint is needed, I'll give one, but there can only be 2 hints given so that's why there have to be at least 3 people asking for one! And I promise, I wont change it...So go ahead, ask away!

19 comments:

Rebekah said...

I think this counts as one question...at least it always did when we played with Grandma. "is it a person, place or thing?"

Tami said...

hmmm...that's almost kind of a hard one for some reason! i'm going to say that it's a thing.

Anonymous said...

That was a hilarious analysis of 'In Christ Alone' sadly yes it is true, not a good group song. For some reason I envision that one solitary girl being Lindsey Yackley. She always seemed like the one girl who would do that.

You can tell I am the product of many, many boring Sunday night singings, where I just watched people and whispered comments to people sitting around me.

Your new contest is really old school! That goes back to Josh Stollers blog, which was the original blog 4 years ago. I am trying to remember what his answer was. I am thinking it was a shopping cart, and I got in a fight with him, about him claiming there wasn't a single cart in the whole town of Gridley. Those were the days.

My question...Is it larger than a basketball?

BTW I sat by Mark Streitmatter today at lunch.

Amber said...

can it be held? (easily by me if you need specification) : )

Tami said...

Answer #2 - No, it is smaller than a basketball.
Answer #3 - Yes and no...Yes, you could hold it, but rarely would someone hold it.

Good questions! :)

Amber, no I've never had taco pie...is it sweet? If so, I probably wouldn't like it, but now I want to try it! Yes, we're going to have to listen to "Not a girl"! :)

Jon...I forgot that Josh did this, but you're right! That's funny...here I thought I was being original. I think this may be a little more random than a shopping cart. :)

Leslie Ringger said...

is it alive? for some reason, when you said it was smaller than a basketball, i pictured a hedgehog? am i right?!!?!?!

Tami said...

Answer #4 - Yes, it's alive...and no, it's not a hedgehog! :)

Katie said...

is it a type of plant

Tami said...

Answer #5 - No, it's not a plant, but great guess!

Also, I was wondering how to answer some of these so Heidi is helping me answer these too! :)

Katie said...

Can I ask again-
Is something you can decorate with?

Anonymous said...

Katie, I checked the blog tonight and saw that you had asked a question and Tami is busy tonight, so I will answer. Answer to question #6 - No, you do not decorate with this...even though I guess you can technically decorate with anything...I would not decorate with this. - Heidi R.

megs @ whadusay said...

is it an animal - like a water animal - like a sea urchin?

Amber said...

oohh . . I was going to guess a fish. same line of thinking megs!

so if megan's guess if wrong . . .does it breathe?

and taco pie is a dinner dish tam - so it isn't sweet. i think you should try it!!!

Leslie Ringger said...

if it's an animal can it fly?

Katie said...

Yes I want to know if it is an anaimal too and I want to know more about this taco pie.

Anonymous said...

Since Tami is not answering, I (Heidi) will have to answer questions 7 and 8. It is not an animal, and no, it does not breath.
Good guessing everyone!
-Heidi

Amber said...

ok - since it was hard for Tami to say it was a thing . . .it's alive and it's not an animal and doesn't breathe . . .I keep thinking of something like the Holy Spirit?

But then I get thrown off by the "you could hold it - yes and no."

I'm slightly stumped.

Katie said...

Does it start with a vowel

Tami said...

Answer #9...no, it does not start with a vowel.