June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

7 weird facts about myself

So I got tagged a while back by Jami Kaeb and I was supposed to say 7 weird facts about myself...however, I don't read hardly any blogs that didn't get tagged, so I'm just listing my facts and want you ladies and gent to tell me 3 weire facts about you!


1. Kettle Corn Popcorn & Chili Cheese Fritos/Popcorn & Milk
One of my favorite snacks is Kettle Corn Popcorn & Chili Cheese Fritos...my dear friend Natalie Gerber (Lehman) and I came up with this at one of the many fab five sleepovers. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!!! Seriously, it sounds weird...but it's AMAZING!!! Also, there's nothing like a tall glass of milk and a bowl of popcorn.

2. Bones make me squirm
I have this horrible thing when people push on their bones. It makes me want to pass out and puke all at the same time. The worst bone to push around me is the colar bone and the chest bone...oh my word! Even just typing those words shivers me timbers!...okay, I'm getting dramatic.

3. Banana eating in the morning
One of my big pet peeves is when I'm really tired and someone eats a banana right beside me. The sound of the squish is very disguisting that early in the morning!

4. Been stopped by a cop 10 times and never got a ticket
I actually think it's about 16 times, but in avoiding exageration, I'll say it's 10 times. Yes, I've been stopped by a cop 10 times and still have a driving record as clean as a whistle. Some day, I'm going to blog about all my tickets just to show you it's true...I don't think people believe me.

5. Wanted to name my boy Haley
All through college, I wanted to name my first born son Haley. I was continually harassed by all my male friends for that one!!! My girl friends would just look at me with looks like, "Ooooh Tami."

6. Glenn Miller Story...one of my desert island movies
If I had to pick desert island movies...The Glenn Miller Story would definitley be on my list. The Glenn Miller Story and Chariots of Fire are my 2 favorite movies.

7. Started editing with an editing board.
Most of you know that I video edit. I just found my first editing machine...yes, now days, it's all simulated on a computer program...but I'll have you know, the way I started editing was hooking my camcorder up to my editing board (it looks just like the editing boards in recording studios), which would hook up to a VHS player which hooked up to the TV. I would hit record and literally edit as it was recording...it was HARD!!!! I had to edit fade ins/outs, music, motion, and then actually edit points all at the same time! It would edit to a VHS tape. You should see my very first editing project...it's pretty sad, but I'm still proud of it to this day.

What about you?! What are 3 weird facts about you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean by people pushing on their bones? I read that paragraph like 3 times and still can't figure out what the crap you are talking about. Anyways I thought I was good with 4/14 on tickets, but you destroy me.

Lastly...I'll second your comments about Marla Ringger. She is so much fun.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add the 3 fact about myself that are interesting:

1. My Grandma's first cousin from Bern, Switzerland and from La Jolla, CA part time won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 2004. So I have a first cousin twice removed (who i have never met) who is a Nobel laureate who studies protein synthesis. (I might add I am not a talented chemist at all)

2. I took violin lessons for 6 years, and am actually an above average violinist.

3. I came name all 100 senators in the US Senate. Yes I am a political junkie.

4. Actually another one of my Grandma's first cousins died in the World Trade Center attack. She was a Eastern Asia financial analyst for Morgan Stanley Dean Witter.

5. I went out to eat with Gary and Marla Ringger tonight.

These are all true facts....

Anonymous said...

Tam, I loved reading all your facts...even though I knew all of them, it's fun to hear you write about them.
Jonathan, you do not understand how terrible Tami and bones are...I actually was so amazed that she could write it out without passing out/puking!
Also, after reading jon's facts, I realized my life has been very uneventful...I will try to think of some facts...
1- I have had my hair cut off two or three times where it was long enough to do locks of love, but they didn't tell me until they cut it off...what a waste.
2- There was a time in my life (about 5 years) where I was more comfortable speaking in Japanese than English.
3- In our Japanese ancestory, we are from a line of Samurai...we even have a family crest...so in Japanese history I am sort of a princess...try and top that Jon! just kidding...I am sure Jon is a true king of some country and that's where he actually is instead of Florida like we all think he is and that is also why he can name all of the senitors...my hat's off to you Jon!...I don't know if I could name 5.

Tami said...

jon...yours are hilarious! who knew you were related to such amazing people. when i say push on their bones, i mean apply pressure to any bone that you can 'touch'...your wrist bone, nose bone, etc...it's worse than finger nails on chalkboards to me!!!

i think the 'anonymous' comment is from my sister Heidi!!! yours were great! yes, i forgot the fact that we're technically royalty...isn't that hilarious?

these are great! keep 'em comin'!

Anonymous said...

I could only think of 2 just now 1) Deaf people intimidate me very very much and yet I work with them, Live with them, am surrounded by them on a daily basis. (Jamaican Deaf are not as intimidating as American Deaf)
2) I love to give blood! As often as possible I am there giving blood, but since my home is now in Jamaica, and you have to wait a year after visiting Jamaica to give again. It has been a while since I have had this opportunity:(

Tara said...

I know I should have weird facts about myself, but as I sit here writing, I'm struggling to come up with some. Let me think.......

1. Well I'm kind of OCD when it comes to my pens. If they have a cap, the end of the cap has to be lined up with the wording on the pen. If it's not it drives me crazy! In high school, my friend used to turn my pen caps on purpose to drive me nuts!

2. When I don't take a purse, I always have to have my phone in my right pocket of my coat and my wallet in my left. If they get mixed around it totally throws me off! :-)

3. I can't stand seeing the sight of blood. I can watch movies where someone gets shot, but not stabbed. I also can't wait surgery shows until they are already opened up. I can't see the cutting part of I get nauseas. Even people talking about surgery or tragic things that have happened to them makes me nauseas.

4. When I need to get stuff done I make to do lists. I love crossing things off my list, so I will actually write stuff down I have already done so I can cross it off. I also, break down tasks so that I have more to cross off, like intead of clean the house, I will break down the jobs for each room. Makes me feel like I have accomplished more!

5. I love falling asleep in front of the tv. I will turn on a show even one I want to watch just to fall asleep to it. Then I actually want to see the show so I end up rewinding it multiple times back to the part I saw before I fell asleep. It could take five trys or the next day before I see a full episode.

6. I'm not from a royal line of family but I did run into Lenny Kravitz once in a hotel in Vegas! :-)

7. I love to put chips on my sandwich at Jimmy Johns. I don't like it on any other sandwiches, just Jimmy Johns. Not sure why. Something about the shredded lettuce, mayo and chips that I like!

Ok, there's 7 weird facts about me! :-)