June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

On the Move


I apologize for my sporadic blogging these past few weeks.
In time, I'll get back to a more regular routine of posting.
Thanks for sticking with Silly Nothings even though I haven't posted much.
Right now, life is just really busy and a lot on my mind.
One of the biggest things is that I'm moving. Again.
So, my breaks at work (which have normally been used to blog)
now consist of extensive research on properties for sale and rent.
I realized that I don't do well with change...
...I guess I already knew that but I'm being reminded of that again.
I've been reminded once again of how grateful I am to my Dad
for giving me such a great place to live this past year.
I've absolutely loved my little home these past 11 months,
and it's sad to say goodbye to it, simply because it's been such a wonderful place to be.
It really felt like "home" and my Dad has been beyond generous
as he's let me move in there while he's been gone.
However, this isn't all sad for 2 reasons...
the first is that the reason that I'm moving out is that my Dad is moving back!
As many of you probably know by now...he's not coming back alone.
He's moving back here with his new bride.
There will no doubt be a future post on this,
but as we have yet to meet his wife, Rika
and wanting to process some of this in private before posting it
I wont say much more, except to say that we're anxious to meet her,
as we welcome her to the USA.
The second thing about the move is that Matt and Rebekah
have sweetly offered to let me live in their basement (as this is somewhat sudden)
until I know what my next step will be.
Apparently, I have an anxious little nephew who is awaiting the move.
He stopped me in my car as I was driving past the other day and said very ernestly,
"I want you to spend the night tonight."
I said, "Really? You WANT me to spend the night?"
He said, "I would LOVE for you to spend the night!"
That made my day. :)

13 comments:

smw said...

wow. this is a lot of big stuff going on. please come visit soon. i miss you and want to talk.

love you,
shar

Leslie Ringger said...

don't you love it when nieces and nephews seem to REALLY love you?!

and you really should come be my neighbor. imagine all the fun we would have, dear friend!

Amber said...

Tam- It was SO GOOD to talk with you at the wedding this past weekend! I have missed your sweet spirit and your humor. I will continue to keep you in my prayers!
amber

Heidi said...

josh...what a sweetheart! i hope you can get to the point of where i am and think it's fun. :)

Heidi said...

...the house hunting...that is.

Jessica said...

Tami, I can imagine you are feeling quite the emotional rollercoaster these days! That is a lot going on for sure! And Josh is such a doll...love his comments to you :)
Heidi...are you guys moving???

sarah said...

Wow- you have a lot going on! Hey, no hard feelings about Sunday-I got over it pretty quick:) Actually I was hoping to talk to you too but just never really had a chance. Good seeing you across the room though!

emilykate said...

Mm...lots of change and MOVING. I hear ya, I'm in the process right now...move one of two for the summer. :) Saw some facebook pics, looks like Jamaica was fun, glad you could go!

p.s. I'm breaking from blogging right now, which is why my blog is no longer accessible, just an fyi. :)

Jill said...

A lot of changes for sure! What a little love note from God through the mouth of Josh - love it!

Kasey said...

You've been on my mind and in my prayers so much lately, Tam. I love you and miss you, dear friend!!!

Alesa said...

Wow Tami...I'm certainly praying for you...I can't imagine all that you are thinking and feeling right now. Looking forward to catching up with you down in FL!

Marie Stork said...

We are moving also! Finally to Bloomington! Hope you find a place soon--Marie

Carmen said...

i can't wait until owen is saying things like that!