June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Friday, April 17, 2009

Go Cubs!


Well, my cousin Tara treated me to a Cubs vs. Cardinal's game at Wrigley Field...and it was great!
I think I've written about this before but, in a nutshell, I promised my friend Craig J. that starting on the 100th year from when the Cubs have won the World Series, I would become a Cub's fan.

So, here are some pictures that Tara and I took to document our trip:

Lets just say, I'm glad Tara is more responsible than I am...We were about 2 min. from home when she asked if I had the tickets with me. Oops! You think I would have learned from my airport experience!


There are so many thoughts that come to mind when I look at this picture...but I should just focus on the positive as in...Tara looks beautiful and the fact that I couldn't possibly get skin cancer from being this pale. :)

We were about an hour down the road when my phone rang at the same time that a reminder alarm went off my phone...both reminding me that I was supposed to be babysitting for Heidi's Bible study group!!! If any of you ladies are reading this...I really DID feel terrible about it!!! I completely forgot...hmm, what was that responsibility thing I was talking about? Also, this picture isn't worth a thousand words...just 3: rooster head, and invisalign.

Well, as I was forgetting the tickets and my babysitting responsibilities, Tara was hard at work with phone calls from her Dealers (auto, not the other kind!) and conference calls. Of course, she wasn't so happy about it. :)

This would be us on the train. Here's a life lesson for you, the good: Cheap parking, don't have to walk far to the baseball field. The bad: It takes FOREVER to complete the trip. We left a little after 8:00 am...maybe more like 8:45 by time we were driving out of town for a 1:30 game...we got to the field at 1. Needless to say, we would recommend leaving earlier than that.

This isn't Tara giving me the evil eye...this is me trying to get a candid shot of her texting, but she caught me!
So, I thought I'd take another, but look who showed up!

The Cubs lost :(...
but that didn't change Craig's mood!

Needless to say, Craig loves really getting into the game!

"People" kept trying to get past us, which was really getting annoying until...

...we realized it was this loveable guy!

We couldn't help but be happy! :)

After the game, we wanted a picture of us and the field...however, the guy taking the picture told us to take it by this sign...according to him, it's a "popular place" to get your picture taken. We humored him...

...but then just took our own!

So, let me say that hanging out with Tara...shall we say provokes male attention. This picture just being one of the examples. I was taking a picture of Tara when Justin Timberlake (not really) came up and wanted his picture taken with her. Yikes!
It's always fun getting to hang out with Tara! Thanks soooo much for the great day!!! If any of you want to see a better recount of the day, check out Tara's blog at: tyke80.blogspot.com
Oops, sorry Craig, didn't mean to cut you out!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best blog post ever....that Craig guys seems pretty cool to me! Wish you could have seen a Cubs victory, but at least you made it to Wrigley and had nice weather.

Also, props on wearing a Cubs shirt to the game Tami. I am impressed!

Marla said...

Very very entertaining and FUNNY!

Rebekah said...

I'm so glad you got to experience a game at Wrigley on such a gorgeous day!

and the Craig pictures were so funny...I was laughing (it would have been out loud but with this weird cold I have I sounded like a raspy smoker...rather menacing really)

I'm glad your break from blogging wasn't very long!

Anonymous said...

I was so glad you decided to post this week! I was also dying with the 'Craig' pictures. SO funny! I think we three Inoue's have the same humor. I also was laughing at your comment on how you are so pale you couldn't get skin cancer.

Great post! - Heidi

Anonymous said...

Love this one! And I, too, am glad you are back. This one made me laugh out loud...and I am at work! And I must also say, being a die-hard Cardinal fan, that I am glad you didn't get to see a Cub victory!

Ruthie

Pam said...

I always love your posts, Tami! Just wanted to say that you look gorgeous in every photo - pale skin or not!

Love,
Aunt Pam

Anonymous said...

Tami..you make a great fake Cubs fan. Just like thousands of other "Cubs fans". By July you and other "fans" will have no idea what the Cubs record is.

Go Cardinals!!

Jill said...

Too bad we weren't there on the same day, it would have been fun to sit together!

As for the nay-sayers of the Cubs - you just wait! (and wait, and wait, and wait) :-) You just can't help but love the Cubs and be full of hope this time of year anyway!