June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Friday, February 13, 2009

And we have some winners!!!!!

For the past week, we've had a Valentine's Day Giveaway going here where everyone was asked to comment on a memory, verse, someone special, tradition, or just anything that had to do with Valentine's Day! And man, did you guys deliver!!! I LOVED reading the stories, verses, traditions, and memories you shared regarding this holiday!!! I wish I could give everyone a prize...but you know what happened the last time I attempted that (I eventually threw away the bag of treats I had made everyone)! There were even new "commenters"...and I loved it!

3 names were drawn and I am giving
one winner the movie, FIREPROOF,
and two winners the book, Love Dare!!!

- I feel like I should make a note here that the picture above is not my realy body! It actually looks kind of realistic, so I thought I should clarify! I've been exercising, but it hasn't made that big of an improvement! :)

And the winner of the first book, Love Dare is...

Haley!!!

(Applause)



And the winner of the second Love Dare book is...

Amber!!!

(Applause)


And finally, the winner of the movie, FIREPROOF is.....

Kristy!!!

(Applause)


* None of the pictures were used with permission.
Special Thanks to:

bekstwocents.blogspot.com for the picture of myself
tyke80.blogspot.com for the picture of Haley
connectthedots-amber.blogspot.com for the picture of Amber
and
kccommunicationwiththeoutsideworld.blogspot.com for the picture of Kristy


__________________________________

Now, I realize that with the help of paintshop, what was a classy giveaway took a turn to the south, so let me try to redeem this by sharing my Valentine's memory that I have...

Every year, the Lord somehow gives me a Valentine's gift. Now, I know you think I'm making this up, but truly, I'm not. A couple years ago, I was going to be sharing a talk with the ISU girls about "Making Jesus the Love of Your Life" on Valentine's Day. I remember saying, "Lord, I wonder what you're going to give me this year! I can't wait to tell the girls about it!!!" But He said, "How about this year, I give each of the girls something instead!" So I made up little candy baggies and wrote a note to each of the girls, telling them that it was a Valentine's from God because really, I was just asking what He was going to do for me...so this wasn't even my idea.

Well, the talk came and ended without a Valentine's from God, but I have to say, giving the candy to the girls was a lot more fun. After the talk, I was sitting in the kitchen, talking with a friend when I felt something next to me. I looked over and there was the most beautiful boquet of flowers being held out to me by my friend, Lindsey Y. She explained:

"Tami, these are for you from God...and they REALLY are from Him, and let me tell you why. I was in the store today getting some things and God said, 'Lindsay, I want you to buy flowers for someone today'. I didn't know who they were supposed to be for, but I just knew He wanted me to. I went all day with these flowers not knowing who they were for, but He told me to bring them with me tonight and that I would know who they were for. As soon as I saw you tonight, before I even knew you were talking, God said, 'They're for Tami'."

I could give you many stories of how God tells me, "I love you" throughout my day...but this remains as one of my all-time favorites. I remember my friend Jake F. (now living in China)used to always say, "Tami, what miracle did God do for you this week?" I miss him asking, because it kept me accountable to look for the "I love you"'s from God.

So thanks to everyone who commented...it's made me really excited for Valentine's Day!!!

I hope you have a great weekend!!!

~ Tami ~

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tami, you are amazing. That is all I can say.......you never cease to amaze me. I feel like I have gotten to know you through your blog, and I love what I have found!

Ruthie

Anonymous said...

Wow. Isn't God so awesome? Thanks for the fun contest. Hope this Valentine's is just as special!
Sarah Q Fiechter

sarah.flyingkites said...

Congrats to the winners!

Thanks, Tami, for a fun contest. That story is amazing!!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Sarah 'K' :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Tami! I'm so excited!! :) Thank you so much; this was such a fun giveaway! You are so sweet!

The way you told the winners was hilarious! And your story about how God works is amazing.

Have an incredible Valentine's Day. love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tami! Your post had me laughing as you procaimed the winners, and tears are in my eyes after reading about how God sent you flowers. He is so good, and those kinds of examples just prove it over and over! Love you,
A.Jacki

Jessica said...

You are awesome Tam :) I loved the pics and of course the precious stories of The Lord's gifts to you. I think that is so neat what Jake would ask you weekly...I think that would be quite lifechanging really.
Congrats girlies!

Anonymous said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! What a fun way to reveal the winners!!

Your "I love you" story is amazing! Thanks for sharing. What a good reminder for us to look around and see the little (or even the big) ways that God tells me "I love you" every day.

Happy Valentine's Day! We'll be waiting to hear what gift the Lord gives you this year!!

Anonymous said...

Tami,

You are too funny! I love the post!

It never ceases to amaze me how much the Lord love you and longs to show you.

I love you too and hope I show those around me this holiday and throughout the rest of the year.

-Heidi

Leslie Ringger said...

you are a funny funny girl, tamika paige :)

Amber said...

Tam . . .. WOW - I"m so excited! Thank you so much!!!

As I look back, I have to say, I think you, about more than anyone else, have taught me about the depth and personal nature of God's love for me as you purpose to see His expressions of love for you.

i love you tam . . .and thanks again! : )

Kasey said...

Great post, Tam. I love your stories of how God has "swept you off your feet." He truly is an amazing Valentine. Great contest and great pictures, too! I love you, Tam!!!

megs @ whadusay said...

I love that story!

And I love the way you "presented" the awards - very fun!

taryn said...

Your stories at the end brought tears to my eyes. SO special.

Yeah, congrats to the winners!! That's so fun. Tami, you are so fun. Thanks for your giving heart!

Kristy said...

I am SOOOO excited- we haven't even seen Fireproof yet!!!! Yay- thank you!
Loved your post. I've heard the story before but loved hearing it again.

smw said...

what a cool story. you're a great girl and i love you.
~shar

Jill said...

Very creative Tami!

Love your V-day story - we serve a wonderful Father!