Flt #888/SDO to Houston
SEAT #29E
Dear Continental Airlines,
I am disgusted as I write this note to you about the miserable experience I am having sitting in seat 29E on one of your aircrafts.
As you may know, this seat is situated directly across from the lavatory, so close that I can reach out my left arm and touch the door.
All my senses are being tortured simultaneously. It is difficult to say what the worst part about sitting in 29E really is? Is it the stench of the sanitation fluid that is blown all over my body every 60 seconds when the door opens? Is it the woosh of the constant flushing? Or is it the passenger’s butts that seem to fit into my personal space like a pornographic jig-saw puzzle?
I constructed a stink-shield by shoving one end of a blanket into the overhead compartment. While effective in blocking at least some of the smell, and offering a small bit of privacy, the butt-on-my-body factor has increased, as without my evil glare, passengers feel free to lean up against what they think is some kind of a blanketed wall. The next butt that touches my shoulder will be the last!!!
Putting a seat here was a very bad idea. I just heard a man groan in there!!! It's terrible!

Worse yet, is I’ve paid over $400.00 for the humor of sitting in this seat! I am picturing a board room full of executives giving props to the young promising engineer that figured out how to squeeze an additional row of seats onto this plane by putting them next to the LAV.
I would like to flush his head in the toilet that I am close enough to touch, and tast from my seat.
Does your company give refunds? I’d like to go back where I came from and start over. Seat 29E could only be worse if it was located inside the bathroom.
I wonder if my clothing will retain the sanitizing odor…what about my hair?! I feel like I’m bathing in a toilet bowl of blue liquid, and there is no man in a little boat to save me. I am filled with a deep hatred for your plane designer and a general disease that may last for hours.
We are finally descending, and soon I will be able to tear down the stink-shield, but the scars will remain. I suggest that you initiate immediate removal of this seat from all of your crafts. Just remove it, and leave the smoldering brown hole empty for a place for sturdy, non-absorbing luggage, but not human cargo.
13 comments:
Oh my!!
I feel like I need to take another shower.
Hilarious!
Hilarious. I loved the drawings. I am not a person prone to writing angry letters, but if I ever do they are going to include sketches.
Also where is Rebekah? She hasn't put up a new blog in like a month.
so so SO funny! yuck, i hate that airline bathroom smell, there seriously is nothing worse, especially on top of the already stale, recycled air. sadly, i can imagine everything all too vividly!
one question: did it work? :)
I'm not sure where you found this, but thanks for sharing!! This is the hardest I've laughed in awhile. Seriously...I'd love to meet the person who wrote this, you have to have some funny sarcasm to come up with that!
Oh my goodness - I just sat in a very back seat like that - on a Air tran flight. My experience was not as bad!!
So funny!
Gross- that is too funny. Thanks for sharing.
So funny! Andy always says that travel is less than glamorous -unless your in first class, but then you paid an outrageous price to still be in the same metal tube as the economy class :-) I will have to show him this post!
I laughed so hard at this, that I decided to send a link to your blog to a co-worker. Turns out it's a small world - his friend wrote this letter! so, I guess it really is real. :)
I had a similar experience. I was on the verge of "losing" my complimentary soda and peanuts through the entire flight. I never considered a butt-shield. Clever.
I kind of had a seat like that too, once. It was on an Indian train. Yep..you heard right. Must have been going between Dehli and Dehradun.
What made the scenario even better was when we realized that when you "flushed" the toilet, you could see the train tracks below you. Oohh...and to top it off, it was one of our parents that discovered that part. :)
I would have never made it! I'm claustophobic (sp)! And would have probably hipervenalated (sp) and they would have had to do an emergency landing. I have to fly to Oregon but I have to have an isle seat and I have to be in the middle of the plan or I CAN NOT DO it! And it's a long 4 hours for me! Especially if I am traveling with the kids because they can not touch me or lay on me when I'm flying! All this because I got stuck in an elevator while in Florida when I was 7 months pregnant for an hour. My life has never been the same since.
that was hysterical. i almost cried i was laughing so hard. :)
~shar
Kristen,
That's hilarious!!!! I'm so glad you wrote that! :)
Post a Comment