
The next 40 days are going to be tough ones...but good...and the best part?! All of you are going to be a part of it. Let me explain:
A lot of you know that I spent a significant part of last year doing a health cleansing program. I'm not going to go into the details of that, except to say that I'm starting my next round tomorrow, which will last 40 days.
So here's where you come in. I don't know if any of you read Jed and Vikki T's blog, but last year, Jed went through a similar cleansing program and blogged about it. I realized that I need accountability to exercise during this cleansing round...so I'm enlisting you, my blogger friends, to keep me accountable as I put forth this challenge to myself.
So here's my 40 day challenge:
- Starting tomorrow (01-17-09), I will exercise every day for 40 days.
- I have to exercise at a minimum of 30 min. per day.
- I can't skip one day and "make it up" the next day...there is no room for skipping unless there is some life circumstance that will keep me from doing this that is absolutely beyond my control (I don't know what this would be but we'll cross that bridge should it come).
- I will post on the blog what I did and for how long (probably just a sentence) every day.
- I will have someone validate that I exercised on my blog...I'm starting to exercise with Leslie 2 times a week, so on those days, she will comment on my blog confirming that we exercised. On the other days, I'll call someone (probably one of my sisters) while I'm in the midst of exercising, so they can comment and confirm that I've exercised.
If I fail? I will draw 4 people's names from people that comment regarding this challenge throughout the 40 days and pay each of them $40 (going along with the 40 day theme :))...I know, it's a lot of money, but I don't plan to fail. :)
When I succeed?:) I love traveling, so I'm going to go on a fun weekend trip...probably to Arizona 'cause I've been wanting to go out there to visit my Uncle, Aunt, and cousins (Kory and Rachel).
So let the challenge begin!
29 comments:
i'm here for you girly. and thanks for the comment on my post.
isn't it fun to get a comment in the middle of the night? and why, you may wonder am i commenting at 1:33 am? because my dear hubby stabbed a screwdriver through his hand at a quarter after 12, which resulted in some abnormal swelling, and so he is now en route to the er with stu.
isn't this exciting information?!! i bet you're glad to have my company tonight. :)
love ya.
oh my word!!! i hope he's okay...but on the upside, yes! i was excited to get a comment in the middle of the night. :)
i hope he's okay!
You can do it, Tami, I'll be praying for you.
Tami, Uncle Dave and I both started this program again last week. I'm blogging on my health blog if you want to check it. I'd like to suggest one thing, that may help you during these 40 days. All exercise gurus and personal trainers say it's not necessary to exercise 7 days a week, but that 6 or even 5 is just as effective, as long as it's consistent. If you exercise every day, without a break, you are more likely to have an injury and then not be able to keep up the exercise at all. It's also much eaiser to get "burn-out" and not want to exercise if you don't take one day a week off. I'd suggest you do 6 days a week and take off one day - maybe Sunday, which is supposed to be a day of rest anyway, right? :-) I'm committed to 5 days a week and it's a great discipline to establish.
I'm proud of you for getting back on it and will be praying for you and behind you all the way!
Love,
Aunt Pam
Tam . . .
Wow! That is quite the goal! I'd offer to be an exercising partner for you . . but .. .um . . ..the only exercise I get to actively participate in as of lately is hand to mouth motion. Maybe after the twins are born?!?! : )
I have to say I agree kind of with Pam though - give your body a day to recover if you feel like that can work for you (like sundays?). I think 6 days a week for 40 days is still one amazing goal! But I trust you . . .. : )
hey! good luck tami! i know you can do it!
~alissa
I'm here to say Tami has exercised her first day on the 40 day plan!! Way to Go TAMI!
Tam, I can think of one thing that would make it impossible to exercise that is beyond your control...a BIG UGLY BOIL on your "you know what"! Glad these things aren't contagious!!
Good luck Tami! I think this is a great challenge! If you would like a swimming partner I would be happy to exercise with you! I could go later morning around 1030 if you are awake at that time. :)
Good for you Tam-Tam :)
I love your energy & full-steam ahead commitment :)
Kt
thanks for the comments! So far so good...day one completed with some tae bo.
I appreciate the advice but I'm going to stick to exercising every day. It's really going to be fine...I'm not worried of risking injury due to my agressive exercising! :) I think that it's a little bit like worrying that a baby who just learned to walk will sprain their hamstring training for a marathon. :) I'm flattered by the concern but I'm not THAT dedicated to rigorous exercise I'm afraid!
It's also just 40 days so I it should be okay. :) thanks again for the comments and advice!
oh, and Mindy, I would definitely swim with you! Maybe we could do it once a week? If that's too much that's completely fine! I'm excited! Yay!
Great job Tami! You have inspired me to try my own chanllange! Keep up the good work!
I can do any day of the week except Thursays for swimming so you say what works best for you! I already said the time, so you can pick the day. :) Do you want to start next week?
I must say I'm excited to have the accountability for going once a week! It will be fun to have someone to swim with...even though you'll probably smoke me. :)
Way to start off strong Tam . . .: )
Best of luck to you Tami! You are extremely determined when it comes to these types of things so I know you will be successful! :)
You can do it, Tami!!! Great idea!
My work is doing a "Biggest Looser" competition that started on Friday and goes until April 3rd. I gave into peer pressure (yes, I am weak!!) and signed up. But let me tell you, knowing that I will be weighed every couple of weeks and someone is keeping track of my progress, I am very motivated! I left the first weigh in and went straight to the gym!!!
Good luck Tami!! Hope you're successful these next 40 days...we'd LOVE to see you out here! XOXO
Tami...I love that you are starting a serious exercise program. As you know I have been a long time exercise fanatic and a long time runner. I once went 4 months running 4 miles a day and never missed a day. On a related subject I ran a half-marathon this morning and am hurting.
I am talking to everyone out there right now!!!! As a nurse and now a nurse anesthetist it is so damaging to live a sedentery life. I don't care if you are fat or thin or anywhere in between. Exercise is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT for your physical health, mental health and most importantly for you spiritual health!!
goodness! i hope i don't fail my end of the this challenge! you go, tam!
Sounds fun, Tam. I hope I get $40...just kidding. Did you laugh?
wow, good luck. i recommend splurging on some new music to liven the workouts (assuming you have an ipod). sometimes dance remixes are what get me through the last 10 minutes. :)
I am completely impressed!! Way to be motivated. After your 40 days if you succeed which I have no doubt you will....then I might just need to talk with you as after this baby is born Im going to want to loose lots of weight and it would probably be a good thing to do a cleansing thing. Im anxious to watch you succeed.
I need to get back to the gym as well, so if you'd like to start meeting me again, I'm game and I'll verify for you! :-)
Go Tami!
Just to verify that Tami exercised yesterday and today!
Hey Tami-
I would love to be accountable with you. I need to get this weight off too. Much Love and you go girl!!!!!!!!!!
YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME!!!!!!!!!
I just talked to Tami and am confirming that she exercized to day.
You go girl! - Heidi
Hey girl! Good luck! It was great hanging with you the other night!!!!
Marla H.
Tami--Way to go! I wish I could be so motivated. My excuse--waiting for the snow to melt. I have no gym in the town I live in...so it's only outside stuff for me. But I was wanting to get on of those Wii fitness systems but still have not found one when I went to the store. Always sold out!
Post a Comment