June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Friday, October 24, 2008

What Do Those Crazy Birds Do?!?!

All day yesterday, I had the lyrics to the beginning of a song, "Why do birds..." ...........and that's it! I absolutely, for the life of me, cannot remember the next word! Do they sing? Do they fly? What do they do?! I spent about 2 hours googling trying to find the answer! For some reason, I think it's a Carpenter's Song, but I'm not sure.
So if someone knows, will you help put me out of my misery? :)
What do those crazy birds do?!

6 comments:

Jami said...

oh tam I think I know that too but cannot get past the birds either. You should include a sound byte and sing the first words!! :) Maybe that would spur some remembrances. :)

Anonymous said...

Are you thinking of "Close to You" by The Carpenters? If so- http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkctc_carpenters-close-to-you-1970_music

If not, ....nevermind.

Pam said...

Yep, Carpenter's Song - Close to You.

Those birds suddenly appear . . .
every time you draw near!

Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I think it is a song by Louis Jackson and the Revolution:

What do those birds do...
they poop on you...
when you are studying at the beach..
On places on your body just out of your reach...

Tami said...

THANK YOU!!!! I feel like Heather and Aunt Pam should get a prize!!! :) Jonathan...not sure what kind of music you listen to, but a song about birds and their intestinal disfunctions was definitely not what I was thinking of.

Rebekah said...

Why do birds suddenly appear,
every time, you are near?

Just like me...they long to be close to you (close to you)

why do stars, fall down from the sky every time you walk by?
just like me, they long to be close to you...

on the day that you were born the angels got together and decided to create a dream come true!

so they sprinkled moondust in your hair and golden starlight in your eyes of blue...


OKAY, I'll stop! But I heard hints of a prize and I got carried away!!!