Christmas has come early to my home, as it does every year!
Last night, I lost electricity for several hours, so I lit about 30 candles, had my good chum, Kendra Knapp over, and we discussed all aspects of life with Catherine Battle (an Inoue Family favorite) quietly singing Chritmas songs in the background! It was a perfect night.
I also have to give kudos to Kendra because she doesn't listen to Christmas music throughout the year...but she made an exception for me last night.
So here's a question...Are you someone that listens to Christmas music early or do you wait until all the dishes are washed and put away from Thanksgiving?
I've always listened to Christmas music throuhgout the year...and one year decided to wait until after Thanksgiving. I was mustering up sooo much Christmas Joy, that when the time came, it was like it got stuck, and I have never celebrated Christmas with such a lack of Christmas spirit...so I've blamed it on the fact that I wouldn't let myself listen to Christmas music when I really felt like celebrating Christmas.
Whew...glad to get that bad memory off my chest! :D

6 comments:
you are so funny!
i'd say i am not in the mood for Christmas music until around Thanksgiving. Not neccisarily AFTER Thanksgiving, just sometime in November.
I could NOT listen to it in July or anything...not sure how you do that! :)
I LOVE Christmas music. I generally wait until after Thanksgiving to start in on the fun, though, because most radio stations play it constantly until Christmas. Most people get sick of it but I love love love it, and it's the anticipation that is exciting, right? And what better to anticipate Christmas than to listen to Christmas music?
Every once in a great while I'll listen to a holiday tune when it's 80 degrees out, though.
I usually wait until after thanksgiving, but being that it is almost November, and it was 80 degrees today in south Florida, Christmas is the farthest thing from my mind.
Also it is supposed to get down into the high 50's tonight, and all the meteorologists on TV are absolutely hysterical with the horrible cold front. In my mind a cold front includes temps less than 10 degrees, it is kinda funny.
i feel like i should wait, but i listen to it if i feel like it. the time between thanksgiving and christmas is too short.
~shar
Hey Tami, when we first got married, Matt was apalled that I would want to listen to it outside of the traditional thanksgiving to new years slot. But he quickly realized that when you can do something for FREE that makes your wife so happy, he gave in and now we listen whenever we feel like it. I usually don't get the urge until it gets cold but now that I saw snow flakes yesterday, I guess I'll be feeling the urge soon.
oh and by the way, it's Kathleen Battle...I'm guessing you probably thought it was Kathrine because we were used to Daddy switching his "r"s and "l"s growing up...ha ha
Glad to know I'm not the only one...although, I definitely respect those who wait! :)
Sarah, I don't usually get out my music in July...although I wont say that I've never done that!
Taryn, I agree...the anticipation for Christmas is the best part! I make mine as long as possible!
Jonathan...those florida people are so funny...oh wait, you're now one of them.
Shar...we should come out, have a girls night and listen to great christmas music! That would be so fun!
Bek, Matt's a smart man, and yes, I always thought it was Katherine Battle because of Daddy. How crazy!
Post a Comment