
So...I'm officially 27. Here's what I think about that:
I prefer being an odd number instead of an even one, so in that sense, 27 is better than being 26. However, when I look at 27, it looks sooo old to me 'cause in my head, you're old when you're 72, and lets face it...it's got the same two numbers. However, the fact that I've had these thoughts has made me feel extremely immature, which makes me wonder if 27 really isn't that old...thus, I've come full circle and am now just thinking that this is going to be a great year!
I've already started making plans for this 27th year...beginning with Thanksgiving. I was reading in my Rachel Ray magazine that Chicago has a great Thanksgiving Day parade...so I thought to myself, "I should go". Well, I may have some company, but then I thought, "Everyone will have family plans"...that's when I thought, instead of just going and viewing the parade, I should volunteer in the parade!!! I was hoping to be a balloon-rope-holder-person, or maybe carrying a banner...however, those positions are filled, so the only jobs really left are the pooper-scooper people and the green team (which I think is a politically correct way of saying trash-picker-upper). So, this event may not be as glamorous as I'd hoped, but I guess we'll just have to see.
So, as for my birthday...
I spent the morning with Dr. Beer who did my root canal beautifully. Not a bit of pain...he was not harsh in any sense of the word...he's super nice...he's not a PPO doctor in my Cigna dental plan, but after yesterday, I'd say worth it! I'd highly recommend him! So, my tooth is about half the size it was, but no fear...a "crowning" appointment awaits me on Nov. 12th. I still think all this hassle for a tooth that I could do without is pretty ridiculous, but I've done research and have found that it's always better to keep your "natural" teeth, and if an unnecessary tooth is pulled, it could move all my teeth...considering that I've had braces 2 times, I refuse to make it a third!
The rest of the day was spent with Heidi and Willsky...it was true bliss. There were moment of laughter and tears (on my part, not Heidi's)...but hanging out with my family and friends simply is my most favorite thing to do in life. That night, I met my cousins at Chipotle and ate an HCG approved meal which was delicious, and the best part?! They had balloons for me at the restaurant!!! I LOVE helium balloons...not sure why, but they truly make my day!!!!
Anyway, thanks for all the great birthday wishes everyone!!!! I appreciated it soooo much!!!!
9 comments:
Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to Tami, Happy Birthday to YOUoooooo!
I am glad you have such a good attitude about your birthday. I turn 25 in a few weeks and I am absolutely horrified, I can't even think about it. I am happy that I am at least moving towards my goals in life, and I feel like I am on the track I want to be, but still 25? I HATE the idea of being 25.
Thanks, Megan!!!
Jonathan...I remember turning 25 and hating it. Honestly, I liked 26 and now 27 better than 25...it's getting over that hump.
ummmm...as for thanksgiving...you DO have family plans!!!!! Why on earth would you rather pick up poop than hang out with your sisters and their awesome husbands?!?
Also, 19 has the same numbers as 91 so you are actually getting younger by the way you play this game!! ha ha
love you!
Tam, I had the FUNNIEST dream last night, and yes, you were in it...I'll email it to you :)
I'm smiling just thinking about it...
Happy Birthday (a little late :))
i wished you a belated happy birthday on rebekah's blog, so pop over there sometime for a real treat. :)
What a fun birthday... for a fun gal! I'm glad the root canal (the not so fun part) went so well. You crack me up. I love you Tam!!!
Happy Birthday!
If you were here, I would bake you a special birthday cake with rainbow sprinkles and butterflies.
by the way tam,
here is my nominee of a kind deed. I am nominating my mother-in-law, Bonnie. she called me up on Friday and asked me if she could take my kids to church on Sunday so that Matt and I could go to the wedding with less stress! Of course I took her up on it. This is just ONE example of the multiple times she lightens my load! Love you MOM!
Post a Comment