June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nothing to Post

Ohhhhh, what to post when I have nothing to say but a lot of time to kill?
A lot of random thoughts.

Weather:
Isn't the weather great? It really feels like fall. I love it.

Hair:
I straightened my hair today, and I'm not sure why but half of it is flat to my head and the hairs around my face are all going in the complete opposite direction that I intended for them to go. Needless to say, I'm not looking all that spectacular today.

Walking:
I've started wearing a pedometer 'cause I'm a nerd like that. I'm trying to walk 10,000 steps a day, which let me say, is not that easy when I have an office job. Well, for the past couple days, I've forgotten to wear it, so I've started developing an OCD habit of counting every step. I can't just count it in my head 'cause I lose track, so I find myself whispering the numbers and counting on my hands to myself...believe me, I've gotten a lot of worried looks.

Chewing Ice:
It never bothered me before when someone would chew ice. However, after having someone LITERALLY chew ice for 8 hours behind me while I try to study has changed that for me...trust me, it's annoying.

Slipping and Falling:
My family (and Kendra) knows that I have a horrible problem with slipping and tripping. Yesterday, I was taking a walk around the pond and I saw a puddle of water on the walk way. I tried to gently tip-toe through it. Didn't work...I ended up perfoming quite the elaborate falling dance and literally slid 5 feet as some others looked on with horror. Added to this, I was listening to my ipod, so I know I was shreeking at an elevated pitch. An onlooker, gasping said, "You serve as a warning to us all!!!" Glad I could be of service. I went into the building, looked out, and there were orange cones already set up where I had slid and you could still see my slide marks. It made me wonder who all saw me...my guess is that it was more that I had hoped.

Well, looks like we're ready for our next session of training, so that's all for my random thoughts.
Merry Wednesday!

6 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

you seriously crack me up! love your blog!!

Rebekah said...

Tami, I was laughing out loud hysterically...I looked up from my computer to see Darci looking at me with that look that Mommy used to give us that said, "Honest to Pete, what are you laughing about when life is really very serious." (kind of kidding!) I loved the orange cones designating the spot where you slid. So FUNNY!

Alissa said...

Thanks for the laughs!! So funny!

Jami said...

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious Tam!!!! :)

Christen Leigh said...

Oh my word I just read this. You are hysterical!!! And have no fear, I have the same slipping/falling problems. :)

Mindy said...

LOL...you are way to funny Tam! Thanks for the laugh!

If it makes you feel any better, I run into walls a lot. Usually I miss the door to the bathroom and run smack into the wall. That particular wall is my nemisis. It takes advantage of me not only during the day but when I am particularly vulnerable in the middle of the night...barely awake, just trying to use the restroom...Sad but true. Unfortunately Noah has inherited this from me and runs into a lot of walls and door frames too. Sigh. At least we will all have bruises together.