June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hero of the Week: Leah Gerber

This week, I am naming Leah Gerber (on the the right in the picture) as hero of the week with Clark Kaeb getting honorable mention. For those of you that don't know Leah and would like the connection, she's Mark and Barb Gerber's daughter and Denny and Bonnie's neice.

Leah is being named hero because this weekend, we were at a wedding. There were four of us girls that rode together...and the other two will remain nameless because, well, I'm feeling nice today! :) It was a pretty large wedding in Peoria, and so when we drove up to the reception, there was already a line outside. It was really cold and drizzling a little. The other two girls had to go to the bathroom, or take their gift inside, or something. I'm not even sure. So, Leah and I volunteered to save us a spot in line. Needless to say, the other two never came back...for shame. :) Not only that, but after about 30 min. we realized that we had seen a lot of cars come since we had been in line, but only about 5-10 people behind us. That's when we realized that everyone else must have to go to the bathroom or take their gift inside as well. There must have been a monster inside that was consuming all the people going in, thus resulting in their failure to come back outside and stand in line!

It actually ended up being a lot of fun since I never get to hang out with Leah and although we were pretty tired and our feet were very sore by the end, we had a lot of good laughs at feeling sorry for ourselves. Clark gets honorable mention 'cause he stuck with us the full time as well. The only thing is that he wasn't wearing heels and he had a jacket, so the true hero goes to Leah, but Clark, it was great having you there too (and home for that matter)!

So here's to you, Leah. Hail the Conquering Hero!

11 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Great post!

She's my hero too...i'm gonna email her and tell her to check your blog.

Marla said...

Those two others girls must not have been taught well by their parents. For shame!

megs @ whadusay said...

A well-deserving hero of the week. I love that girl! :)

Klint said...

Leah is a great hero!! Way to stick it out at the back of the line.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! That's our Leah. She was raised by one of the most possitive dads you will ever meet. It has definately rubbed off on Leah.

Love you Tami, Leah and Clark. You have all blessed my life.

Bonnie

leah said...

hahaha! crack me up...i feel very honored!

i don't know if i would have lasted if it wouldn't have been for such kindred spirited company! :)

love you!!

Anonymous said...

what a great hero, Tam. She is such a darling and I got to see her on Talent Night too, which was a real treat since I hardly ever see her.
-Heidi

Christen Leigh said...

Ohhhh Leah is a wonderful friend and kindred spirit, I love hear dearly!! :) I am glad we share a friend.

Hope you are doing super, Tami! Sounds like you had fun in 'ole Mexico. :)

MarknBarb said...

That's our girl:)

Alesa said...

Nice work, Leah :)

emilykate said...

that's my beloved roomie...leah told me she was your hero so I had to check it out.

she's pretty much my hero every week in one way or another!

fun blog. :)