How many paid jobs have you held?
In addition...what's the craziest, least favorite, or favorite job you've had? (There could be bonus points!)
*If you have babysat, you have to count that as 1. You can't count each family as a seperate job. :) However, if you've babysat and then you were hired as a permanant nanny, you can count those as 2 different jobs.
Josh and I have had 8 paid jobs.
I haven't had any crazy jobs, but most unique would probably be my video editing. Least favorite would be the cleaning job and favorite would probably be when I was a nanny...which is crazy since I hate babysitting.
I think Josh's craziest job would probably be holding the hose while filling Grandpa's pool with water. His favorite is probably holding the hose while filling Grandpa's pool with water. His least favorite would probably letting Darci hold the hose while filling Granpa's pool with water...unfortunately, he didn't get paid for any of those.
17 comments:
22 paid jobs for me and Kory.
My least favorite was working for Young America, showing apartments to college kids while other college kids still lived in them. We would call before we came, but on Saturday mornings some people would ignore theire phone. I hated going into a dark apartment and periodically discovering someone still sleeping. I entered far too many college apartments that still had the lingering smell of beer and pot the morning after a party. Yuk!!!
On another note I had the priveledge of working for a Jewish lawyer in downtown Chicago. I got to file papers at the Daily center (courthouse). Bill (the lawyer) would often share bits and pieces of what he learned in synagogue. It was a great job!
paige and i have had 9 jobs.
let's see least favorite would probably be mowing for ringger foods. i hated it because they had a HUGE lot with no trees...making it very easy, but VERY boring and it took about 4 hours. ugh!
favorite would probably be looking for bugs in bags of rice at ringger foods(this place abviously holds a lot of memories for me). we basically had to climb up onto these monster sized boxes that had huge bags of puffed rice in them and look around the folds of the bags to make sure there weren't any flour mites(dead because everything had been fumigated). this was only fun because i would recruit different friends from school each week to come help out. we would spend about 2 hours in a horribly hot warehouse getting the job done and acting stupid. ahh the joy of high school jobs!
together we have 16 jobs.
My most unique was probably stirring dirt samples and testing them for Calcium and Magnesium. (that was for Herb and Georgia's business)
My least favorite: babysitting...I would still rather detassle than babysit.
My favorite:my cleaning job I guess
Mom and I have had 13 paid jobs.
My least favorite was working in the car business, even though I did it for over 13 years.
The most unique and actually, probably the worst, was selling Amway products door to door and calling on businessmen to sell products. That was very hard. I hated it.
My favorite job was working as a Nuclear Medicine technician.
We have had 5 jobs.
I have only actually had 2 jobs one being babysitting and the other working at Hair Improvements(though my job did change there from receptionist to stylist) I can't believe that I worked there for 7 years and put up with it!! Definitely not always a good experience there. So I don't have a favorite job outside the home.
ok - So I can't let everything be simple.
If different positions for the same place count as different jobs (ie. hostess, waitress, cook at the same place), then Callie and I have held 19 jobs. If they don't, we've held 17 jobs.
I know, if I make a game this complicated, imagine being married to me. Poor Ryan!
Craziest? Working with teenage girls in residential treatment for drug/alcohol abuse. I wouldn't say it was crazy, per se, but definately always an adventure (imagine, on average, 12 teenage girls living together and enough said).
Least Favorite? Same thing. When you saw girls make decisions that could possibly ruin/end their lives, it was painful to let them walk away.
Favorite? Same thing! For the exact opposite reason. Seeing girls pursue recovery, make wise choice and persevere was an honor to be a part of. They were amazing girls.
15 paid jobs for Michael & I.
My least favorite was babysitting. There was a particular family that had horrible children and I dreaded watching them.
My favorite job was working at Rollie's Kountry Kitchen. I got to work with my friends, eat all the free food I wanted and only had to work Saturdays and possibly one early morning a week! Talk about a piece of cake job! :)
ok job counting time.....I think it would be 11 jobs total.
Least favorite: steak n shake
Favorite: Receptionist at a chiropractic office and Nanny ties with this.
7 for us.
Favorite- teacher
Least favorite- telemarketing :(
Megan- that is FUNNY
Daniel and I have had 14 jobs. Daniel gets to count his internship experience because it was paid, unfortunately, as a social worker, my two internships were not paid. Ahhh, the martyr I am!!!
Craziest job you ask... that's easy... when I cleaned at the Inoue's and got to read Tami's journal every week (now that was interesting!) Just kidding! Tami, I can't believe you asked me if I did that!
My least favorite job, now that's a toss up. It would be a tie between the job I'm in now (preschool teacher), the job at the salon (where I experienced verbal abuse on a daily basis from my boss), and the job at another preschool (ditto on the verbal abuse), oh yeah, and the job as a waitress in a hotel, where I was reminded daily of how big my butt is, in a complimentary sense of course (by kitchen staff who were all of two particular ethnic descents). I have had a colorful work history. Maybe I'm just a big wimp!
My favorite job was working as a therapist with children and families, most of whom were involved in the foster care system. Sadly, this was the job I had to leave to move here. It was so rewarding and I really felt like I had found my niche. Someday, I hope to do similar work again!
10 jobs for me. Unfortunatly I have no idea how many David has had. My favorite was tour guide at the Texas State Capitol. My least favorite was cashier at Hobby Lobby (bad boss). The weirdest for me would be Security Guard for Concordia University Texas (I am 5 foot tall and not very aggressive).
Ooops. I just found your blog and wanted to play, too. Okay, now I've read the rules. Together David and I have had 19. His favorite is his current: Pastor. His least favorite was cleaning the yard at a cranky man's house who didn't always pay him.
All right, Andy and I are jumping in!
1- Roommates- 16
2- Tickets--7 (but if you count parking tickets, it's probably more like 27!)
3- Haircuts-- 15
4- Jobs-- if you count the multiple positions/titles at one job, we're at 31
I've had lots of jobs I loved... my favorites were retail (Von Maur and Buckle), and also K&A Video- Roanoke's video store- my friends would come to visit all the time. Or Rollie's, where my friends all worked too-what a blast! The only job I really didn't like was (this may be the same as Mindy's!) a babysitting family that had crazy kids- they had no attention span and got out of control. I eventually stopped sitting for them because it was so horrible. Ah, memories!
Hi Tami,
I am not playing the game, mainly because I can't read fast enough before your blog clicks off to a page that says "Cannot find sillynothing.blogspot etc." It's really weird...I type in your address, and then it goes to it and gives me about 3 seconds to read before it clicks off. So I quick clicked on comments so I could at least read what everyone else was saying. Then when I look at the address, there is added at the end, "robots.bxt" which I have no idea what it is. But the choices the page gives me all have to do with robots. Go figure!
This message is actually for Marla. You may want to have your computer checked for spyware or a virus. Being redirected to a site is pretty classic example.
-Andy Feucht
Darin and I have had 22 paid jobs together.
Least favorite...washing dishes in college, yucky! Favorite...running peas&carrots.
Not sure what Darins is...he is sleeping or I would ask him :)
Whit has had two babysitting jobs, worked at Hollister, worked at my dad's office, and worked at State Farm. That's four jobs. I've cleaned, worked for my dad at Goshen, worked at BPC in college, worked for Deutsched Financial, worked at temp job for a day filling in for a receptionist, iron my grandma's clothes for money, worked at Talbots, Nannied for two different families, worked for Ilumin, worked for BSC, worked for AFC, and now for Finance Express. That's 13 for me. The most unpleasant for me was filling in for a admin asst while she was out on maternity leave. She had to train me for months before she left, and wasn't the most pleasant person to be around. You never knew if she was going to be nice or blow up at you. She would answer the phone with "what the f@#$ do you want?" even to bosses. It was a little unnerving to the say the least!
Post a Comment