June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Monday, April 07, 2008

Points, Rules, and a new "I Have"(Updated)

WOW! So many fun comments and interesting lives!!! Thanks for everyone that's commented so far...and a special welcome to Aunt Pam (Yudenfriend)!!! I must say, you are pretty amazing at this game, Aunt Pam! :)

Okay, so after much deliberation, there is a new rule being applied...because everyone apparently has such diverse and interesting lives, I've realized that everyone could have an infinite amount of "I Have" (IH) comments...and this could get pretty crazy. So, everyone is allowed 2 IHs.
So, for everyone who has already given 1, you can post one more. For those of you who have not posted one yet, you get 2. If you posted multiple IHs I took the first two you posted. There will also be an extra 2 bonus points awarded to the person who cancelesl out the most 'I haves'...these will be floating points, so you keep the points as long as you're currently the person who has canceled out the most. If no one can match my "I Have", I get 2 points for normal I haves and 5 points for embarrassing I haves.
With all that said, here is the breakdown of all the points (Let me know if I've missed anyone):

A. Pam - 6 points
(Carrying the floating bonus points)
- 1 IHs left to use
Heidi - 5 points
- 0 IHs left to use
Megan - 4 points
- 1 IH left to use
Leslie - 3 points
- 0 IHs left to use
Rebekah - 3 points
- 1 IH left to use-
Amber - 2 points
0 IHs left to use
Sandra - 2 points
- 1 IH left to use
Jessica - 2 points
-1 IH left to use
Jill - 2 points
- 1 IH left to use
Jami - 2 points
-1 IH left to use
Katie - 2 points
- 0 IH left to use
Katie...for some reason, I'm confused on your points. Do I have it right?
Marla - 1 points
- 2 IHs left to use
Jon - 1 points
- 0 IH left to use
Brooke - 0 points
- 2 IHs left to use
Wendy - 0 points
- 1 IH left to use
Wendy, I can think of a lot of IHs for you! You've got a very interesting life!


Who would have thought this would be so complicated? Okay...
I have (at some point in life) weighed more than my Dad (anytime after I was born).
So what that means is that you don't have to have weighed more than him at the same time, if you know that your dad weighed like 120 lbs. (like my Dad pretty much did when I was born), and I've weighed more than that at any point in my life (which I have), then, you get a point!You just have to make sure that you were already born at the time that count his weight. This one is for us big girls with small Dads! :) yeah, I never said it would ALWAYS be fun to claim the points! :) That was considered an "Embarrassing IH" so it's worth 5 points to me.

- Just in case you're wondering:
Jon's 'famous people' IH cancelled by Megan and Tami
Leslie's 'recordings' IH cancelled by A. Pam
Wendy's 'locked out' IH cancelled by Megan, Katie, and Tami
Amber's 'senate floor bill' IH cancelled by Tami

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have weighed more than my dad too. When I was pregnant I weighed more than he weighs now...at least I think. - Heidi

Jami said...

Ooooh tami - I will have to deliberate with my dad on this one!

And by the way, you'll all set for tonight...leslie should be calling you! :)

megs @ whadusay said...

I too have weighed more than my dad. Maybe not more than he weighs right now, but more than he has weighed since I have been born.

AND, I will offer up my first I have. I have graduated from the Univeristy of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) - not at all the same as U of I in Champaign - they are two very different schools with similar names.

Tara said...

Hey Tam!

I apparently have missed reading your blog a couple days. Are we talking having actually met 7 famous people or just seeing them in person. And if were counting Southern gospel groups as famous people then I definitely have Jon beat but he already knows my thought on Bill Gaither! ;-)

1. Kim Alexis - met at Crystal Cathedral in CA
2. John Tesh - met at Crystal Cathedral in CA
3. Lenny Kravitz - he said hi to me and Whit in the hotel hallway, does that count?
4. Ben Stein - saw him at Johnny Rockets in Beverly Hills
5. Ryan Secrest - met at the American Idol auditions
6.The grandpa from Gilmore Girls - I can't remember his name (saw him at a club in Hollywood)
7. Roseanne Barr - sat behind us at a comedy club
8. Jay Leno - went to his show and met him at Universal Studios when my friend Ash was on his bit of "Jay Walking"
9. Siegfried(from Sigfried and Roy) - he popped out from the audience and touched me. He was creepy!
10. David Hasslehoff - he took our picture after taking a picture of himself with my camera, and then got in with us, but it was obvious he was VERY drunk! We met him in a Vegas hotel.
11. Greg Oden - from Ohio State now a Portland Trailblazer. Sat next to us at Max & Erma's in Inianapolis.

My I have is that I tried out for American Idol the second season.

Anonymous said...

I am 5 inches taller than my dad and way 50 lbs less. Obviously my dad has the same rough shape as a large bowling ball.

However I have weighed more than all of your dads I'm sure, I weigh 205 lbs.

I have been a professional one hour film developer.

Jessica said...

Well, my dad weighs about 400 lbs, seriously...so its a good thing this big girl has never weighed more than her dad!

I was feeling a bit left out by not playing this game...so I want to play! Hopefully its not too late to jump in!

I have been to 4 colleges and did not graduate from any of them...wow, I am a looser!
1. Ball State University
2. Purdue University
3. Ivy Tech State College
4. Heartland community college

Pam said...

Oh, Tami, I'm afraid I, too, have weighed more than my dad. When I was very young, he was pretty slender and I know I've topped that weight during my life. :-(

Rebekah said...

I have weighed more than my dad and i didn't have the excuse of pregnancy either...oh well, now it's all worth it to help me towards possibly getting more points!!

Pam said...

Btw, Tami, on the summary you state that I have two IHs left but I did already do one, (I have lived with 30 different people since moving out of my parent's home.) So I think I only have one IH left. Just for the record. . .
:-)

Katie said...

okay-
i have weighed more than my hubby

i have a masters in reading

Anonymous said...

Ok, I decided that you all lead much more exciting lives than I do. Everything you post I have not done until... I have weighed more than my husband before, and now we are neck in neck since I am preggo. I think I just might have something you all don't!!! Drum roll please....
I HAVE a husband who was struck by lightening. (Don't worry he's fine)

Rebekah said...

i have also weighed more than my hubby...why is it that I am only able to IH the embaressing ones!?!

Pam said...

Oh dear, I have weighed more than my husband most of our married life. But, I think one of the rules of the game was that we can't use anything that has to do with being married or with our gender, so that embarrasing thing won't even get us any points!! Ugh!

Hmmm, I'm going to try to cancel jonathen's IH - I, too have been a professional film developer, only I did it quicker than 1 hour. When I was an X-Ray technician, I developed x-ray films both manually and automatically, but in much less time than 1 hour developing. What do you think, Tami? I was a professional film developer, right?? Do I get to cancel jonathen's IH????? :-)

Tami said...

2 things...Aunt Pam is right. Unfortunately, nothing can be used that has to do with being married/single or gender...so to be fair, I can't count Katie or Wendy's IHs and I couldn't count Sandra's countries.
Also, yes, Aunt Pam, that would cancel out Jon's IH.
Great Job to all!

Leslie Ringger said...

another rules question...
if you have only been heavier than your dad when you were pregnant, does that count? cause i can guarantee that if i was ever pregnant i would have whooped him in the weight department...since i'm not too far behind now.

Anonymous said...

First of all, Aunt Pam is a dirty cheater. Unless I missed something and she is Hisato's sister. If she is than I take that back, because I don't want to ruin my relationship with Hank Inoue

Second of all, my girlfriend weighs 362 lbs, and has been struck by lightning sooooo I think those factors should count for something.

Amber said...

what about weighing more than a sister who was 9 months pregnant . . .does that count for anything (for the record, I WASN"T pregnant. : ) )?

being that my dad is 6'3 . . .and I'm barely 5'3 . . ..I think I'm out of that one. If we were anywhere closer in height, I would be a part of that "I have" in a heartbeat (my dad is just finally putting on weight in his late 50's!).

and wendy - I didn't know you were expecting . Congrats!!!

(don't you love that your blog is now a message board tam?!?!)

and of my own opinion . . .since being pregnant usually involves marriage, it shouldn't count for being above someone's weight. you're SUPPOSE to get heavier and for a good reason! : )

megs @ whadusay said...

I disagree with Amber and Leslie. Weight is weight whether you are pregnant or not. You still have to loose it!

Pam said...

Hee Hee, Jon ~ isn't this game FUN!?! :-)