June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hero of the Week: Heidi Rinkenberger

Love vs. selfishness
Giving to others' basic needs without having as my motive personal reward.


Heidi Rinkenberger is being named hero this week for her demonstration of love. She has been one of the greatest servants I have ever had the pleasure of knowing...ever since she was little she has put others above herself. It was Heidi's birthday yesterday, so that's why I've chosen this week to name her hero...When I think of Heidi, the words I think of are, kind, servant, generous, wise, and sincere. She is one of the most real, "what you see is what you get" people I know, and could never say enough about how amazing she is.

Ever since I wrecked my car she (Bek, Tara, and Leslie) have been driving me everywhere, and Heidi has let me stay at her home so many times these past couple weeks. Whenever I try to pay Heidi back or anything, she seems completely confused as to why since she gives without ever expecting repayment or personal gain. She's one of the funnest people to give things to as a result because she's always simply delighted since she never seems to think anything is owed her.

Heidi, I love you so much and hope you have a great week!

So, here's to you, my dear sister, friend, and hero.

Also, a note to anyone who is reading this that came to her and Rebekah's birthday party, thank you soooooo much!!! It meant so much to me that people made the effort to come and sit and wait for the suprise! :) Really, you are all heros this week too. I'll post pictures from the party sometime soon!

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Tami, a hearty "AMEN!" from me! In fact I would say that what you see isn't even as good as what you get when it comes to Heidi! I don't think most people actually realize what a gem she really is! We are the lucky ones to have gotten to live with her for so long and know her so well that we can say all these things about Heidi in all honesty and sincerity.

I love you Heidi and you are an inspiration to me!

Thank you again tami for the absolutely FABULOUS birthday. (do I sound like Aunt Cindy? :D...it is said with as much enthusiam as she would say it!)

I love you both!

love,
bek

Anonymous said...

Well Heidi is probably the Inoue family member I know the least, but she deserves some award for producing the cutest baby I have ever seen.

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I am overwhelmed by Tami, Bek...and Jon. To Tami...I was so honored to be named hero of the week. And what an amazing person you made me out to be. To my sisters...Like we always say I am glad we were privaledged to have each other as sisters. And to Jon...Thank you for the compliment...I have to agree with the cutest baby too, but I am biast. - Heidi

Katie said...

Will, is growing into cute a little guy. Tami- you have two great sisters!!!!!!!

On another note- if you are need of a car to drive, you are more than welcome to borrow mine. We have two cars and I do not need mine starting Friday morning and all next week, James is on spring break, so I do not need a car to take him to school. Just let us know if we can help in any way. Love ya

Tara said...

I love this picture of Will. His expression totally cracks me up!

I second everything you and Rebekah said about Heidi. I feel privileged to have gotten to know her so well and know what a gem she is. She is honestly one of the kindest people I have ever met and no matter how much she has on her plate, she would still do you a favor and not complain about it or let on that she has too much to do! Love you Heidi!

Tara