June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hero of the Week: Marla Ringger

Availabilty vs. Self-centeredness
Making my own schedule and priorities secondary to the wishes of those I am serving.
Marla Ringger is being named "hero" this week for her example of availability to her family.
Marla has actually been on my mind to be "hero" for quite some time. You see, I work with Marla at Lifesong for Orphans and have really been amazed by her availability to her family. She volunteers many hours to Lifesong...yes, I realize that it's her and Gary's ministry, but I also know she does it because she loves her husband very much and is committed to his vision and making it a success. I also know that she put many hours into working at Leslie's shop, getting it ready, filling in shifts, and justh helping out. I also see her leave work to babysit her grandchildren...I know that she just loves her family, and never seems to mind, but I have found her servant heart to be inspiring and so here's to you, Marla!

*I searched all over for pictures of Marla, and finally found these on Megan's blog...so thanks Megan for letting me 'steal' these pictures from you! :)

3 comments:

Jami said...

Good choice for hero Tam! She is an AMAZING women and mom!

megs @ whadusay said...

She is one of my heros as well! Thanks for honoroing our mom Tami! She deserves it.

Leslie Ringger said...

right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!