June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Secret Word Topic for Week #1

If you need to read the directions to "Secret Word", click on the Favorite Things logo. >>>

Forever and Always
I recently heard that Taylor Swift came out with a CD last year and on it was a song called, "Forever and Always"...a song written as a result of her breaking up with one of the Jonas Brothers (not sure which one). I was almost embaressed for Taylor as I read the lyrics to this song because I kept thinking that she sounds immature and rediculous to think that she was going to be with this boy for "Forever and Always"...But then I had to wonder what it would be like to grow up in the public eye...to have your first "relationship" publicized on all the grocery store magazines. What would my story have read like? Much more embaressing. Of that, I'm confident. I'm sure that at 18, if my journals were set to lyrics the sap would be enough to make anyone sick. So even though I still think she's a little silly, I have to cut her some slack as I think back on past crushes and mistakes I've made, and just have to be thankful that I didn't grow up in a situation like Taylor for my life to be open to the world's criticism...although she's making millions from her broken relationship. :) Oh, those first crushes we had, gotta love 'em!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

So true. Thinking about putting my high school/ college journals to song and making them public makes me laugh and cringe. Thankfully, no one was willing to pay me millions of dollars to do that.

Marla said...

Yeah, sometimes you just have to cut a girl some slack no matter how much sap is involved.

sarah said...

One of my first cousins has a big time crush on Taylor Swift. I am confident though, that no relationship will ever happen between them. After reading a story in a magazine, the thought of him dating her seems silly because he's a very quiet person. He probably would not appreciate his love life going public.

Anonymous said...

What is pathetic to me is that I used to think that Taylor Swift's songs were kinda chatchy to listen to. Then I realized she was like 16. I then saw a music video of her on CMT or something and they all take place in a high school classroom or a high school chemistry lab. I vowed never to listen to her music again.....and I haven't.

Rebekah said...

Thank goodness none of my diaries have made the public spectrum...having you read them outloud to me and Matt was embaressing enough!! It's crazy how serious our crushes and feelings are at the young age...we are so sure we are in love and that it will last forever. I guess everyone wants a happily ever after ending and that's why we get to emotionally involved. (can you tell I am trying to hit the secret word here?...hence, the rambling). I guess it's better that Taylor was wanting ever after rather than "Nice for Now...Try More OPtions Later"...I'm guessing, none of those words are the secret word!? Well, I'll quit. That was my best effort!

Anonymous said...

This seems so hard, Tami!! I don't know if I can do it, but I'll try.

Oh my, when I think of my past crushes and how embarrassed I am about them even now, I know that Taylor Swift and I could write a few more songs. My journal entries probably read something like, "I will truly love him always and forever, or until next Thursday." My friends and I would look through all the magazines and find the latest and greatest in celebrity love and dream of being famous and having our lives plastered all over for the world to see. Okay, I can't remember anymore words, so I'll stop...and most all of what I wrote isn't true by the way! Just wanted to clarify!
~Alissa