June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Nothing Like Old Friends

Sunita and Ethan
Last Friday night, Rebekah, Heidi, and I got to have a GNO (Girl's Night Out) with one of our oldest friends, Sunita. It was soooo great to get to hang out with her again...we all said it felt like were were little girls again, getting to hang out and just talk. My very first memory of meeting a friend in America was Sunita. We instantly connected and I remember her singing me a song in Hindi to make me feel more welcome. Isn't that cute? I could literally write a book with all the memories we've made, but I'll spare you the details!

Our moms were the dearest of friends! Sunita was like our fourth sister, and no matter how far our lives have taken us from eachother, she's always been a friend that I could talk to and be honest with. I remember, Sandy found out that she had breast cancer (the first time) the day my mom passed away. We've both said that when our mother's passed away, it wasn't just our friend's mom that left, but it was our friend. I miss Sandy so much, but Sunita reminds me so much of her, so it's like still having a piece of her here.

So, as we got to hang out last Friday, I was just soooo thankful to God for her friendship, and I just wanted to say here what a great and dear person she is. I'm proud of her and the person she is...her strength through some very difficult times in her life is inspirational, and I'm honored to be her friend.

She is now a wife and mother, and I'm so glad to have Benji and Ethan in our lives! I know that Sunita doesn't read this blog...so I can brag on her without her getting embaressed. I just felt like celebrating her today!!!

Sunita and Benji

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I have to agree with you! It was so good to be with her. I would post pictures of that night, but since we ALL agreed that none of us thought the pictures were very good...we'll just have to save them for us.

Rebekah said...

Tami, this wasn't sappy...it was very nice.

It was such a great night and I couldn't belive how much Sunita kept reminding me Sandy...it is weird that when you haven't seen someone for so long and then you see their daughter or sister everything they do reminds you of that person.

Thanks for not writing about all the mean tricks we used to play on Sunita.

And Heidi, thank you for not disgracing us all with the horrendous pictures!

Anonymous said...

I agree!- Sunita is my cousin. She is a gem! I came across your blog recently... I remember meeting you girls long ago. We stayed at your home the weekend of Aunt Sandy's baptism. :)
Kara L. (Beebe)