On Saturday night, Leslie and I got to Jason and Rachel's. Lisa Z. and Chalise S. came over along with Rachel's previous roomate, Anne, and we played "3 to 13"...I lost. It was good times and I was so glad that I got to catch up with my friends! I don't get to see Lisa or Chalise that often, so I was really glad to have an evening to hang out. I felt kind of bad 'cause at that point, I was running on 3 hrs. of sleep in 48 hours, so I wasn't bouncing with fun, but had a great time with my 'gamers' nonetheless.
After church on Sunday, Jason, Rach, Avia, Smudge, and Jason's nephew (I forget his name!), and I went sledding! It was a lot of fun, and actually, a little scary at times...that is, for Aviah, as I came flying towards her and knocked her over because I couldn't stop! She sweetly advised me to "fall over on purpose" the next time to avoid knocking anyone else over.
We went over to Jarent and Shar's later that night and had supper together. It was so fun getting to hang out with them! Jaret, Shar, and I stayed up talking for a long time and then finished up the evening by watching an episode of "Fawlty Towers", a BBC sitcom TV series...it was hilarious. But then again, I love British humor.
I slept like a log and woke up the next morning to little voices giggling in the hallway. A few minutes later, I saw my door slowly open as I saw two little eyes peeking in at me. Then I heard them whisper, "She's still sleeping!"
I spent the entire day as Sharlin's shadow as I kept migrating from the couch to the little kiddie chairs, to the kitchen island, and back to the couch again. :) It was soooo great getting to catch up with her. Shar is definitely a kindred spirit. She has a way of making me feel safe to open up to her and is someone that I feel like I can pick up right where we left off even if we haven't talked in ages.
Here are some pictures from my day with Shar:
One of the highlights from my trip was the tea party that Smudge and I had. We toasted "to life!" and drank many cups of tea. Smudge even made me a snack to go along with our tea that consisted of grapes and fruit snacks. It was actually really good. At the end of of the day and after much pleading on my part, he told me that he could make room for me as a buddy of his...that is, me and a toy that Heidi has that he "loves so much". :) I was just glad that he was able to fit both the toy and myself into his apparently very exclusive circle of friends!!!
Little Faye...poor thing was kind of sick, and had a couple tumbles, but I loved being with her. She is such a beautiful little girl!
After dinner, Leslie picked me up and we went to Stu and Daish's for a couple hours. I've known Daisha for years, but felt like I got to know her a lot better when we went to Ukraine together a few years back. Since then, I haven't gotten to see her much, but each time I'm with her, I 'm reminded of how much I love that girl and wish we lived closer because I think she'd truly be a bosom buddy. It was great to catch up and talk with her, Leslie, and Stu. Even little Creed got in on the conversation for a while. Stu made us a fire and it was really just a great evening.
Leslie and I left at about 10:00 that night. Between her getting sick from a "Double Shot" Starbucks drink, and me about falling asleep at the wheel, it was a humorous trip home. My favorite was when we were singing "Come Unto Me" and "Psalm 196" in order to keep awake.
I love my weekend in Leo...it's always great times there with such great friends and my wonderful family. If any of you are reading this, thanks a million and a half times for being such great hosts and hostesses. I loved it and miss you already. I hope to see you sooner than later.
5 comments:
aww. this was so fun to read. :) thanks for the recap. and it was WONDERFUL to have you here. love you tons,
~shar
I'm sorry that I missed you. We were enjoying a weekend in IL visiting former Japanese teachers--Randy and Evie, Frank and Kathy and the Ehnles. It made me lonesome for your Mom and Dad and all of you.
Tam, I feel the same way about you. I told Stu when you guys left, "I just LOVE Tami!" I loved your time here. I'm so glad it worked out! I'm already looking forward to the next time! :) Love ya.
hahaha. This was a cute and funny little post. The things Smith and Avi say..... :) Jaret looks quite hilarious himself!
Hope you're having a great day! :)
such a good weekend! thinking about it makes me feel cozy inside.
Post a Comment