
Thanks for all the name ideas!!! It was great reading all them!!! The reason I chose Dezzie is because when I was little, I had a doll that was practically like a sister because I took her everywhere! She had this awesome hair that was absolutely out of control, and I loved her soooooo much...and yes, her name was Dezzie. I've wondered where that doll has gone (probably in Matt and Bek's basement)...so it seems kind of fitting that my new "baby girl" should be called Dezzie. I actually don't really like to use the same name twice in my life, but for some reason, this seems fitting.
I looked up the name and it's actually French (Jonathan said the name should be foreign, which I agree) and means, "Desire" or "Want"...which also seems fitting since she has definitely filled a desire or want for a dependable car. I've also been looking at Rav4's for a couple years, so I feel really lucky (blessed would be the better word) to have her!
So she now has a name...Dezzie
Nora - Jessica
I actually think Dezzie looks like a Nora. I came close to using this name! :)
Opal – Ruthie
I don't know if I find this name to be really cute because of the name or because it was you that suggested it! I'm saving this name and will be naming something in my life Opal. :)
Fran – Shar
Something about this name made me laugh and I think I'd have fun calling my car Fran!
Carmel “Car” – A. Pam
I loved this suggestion, and actually truly was going to name her this because I loved the idea of calling her "car". But then I ran the scenerio of saying, "Car needs an oil change, or Car needs a wash" and thinking that it just sounds like I forgot to say "My" and was already exhausted thinking that I'd have to explain it each time. :)
Soren, Leif, Neils, Ollie, Thor – Jonathan
Remind me to call you if I ever need boy name suggestions! I really liked all these names!!! The only reason I didn't use one is 'cause I simply can't see my car as a guy. It's weird...all my other cars have always been guys, but as soon as I saw Dezzie in the dealer lot, I thought, "There's my girl."
Arlo – Katie
Wouldn't this have been so funny if I called her Arlo?!?! That cracked me up!
Cynthia – Marla
Cindy – Megan
I've actually always liked this name, and think it would make a really cute car name...the only thing is that I have an Aunt Cindy. Not sure what she would think if I used her name for my car...it would probably be a little better to name a child after her instead of my car. :)
Reba – Katie
I could also see my car as a Reba...the only reason why I couldn't name her Reba, is 'cause it sounds like I'm starting to say Rebekah...and that could be cause for great confusion. :)
Stella, Zeta, Vashti – Sarah
I thought these were really cute...especially Stella. I pictured three sisters, Stella, Zeta, and Vashti...I'm going to save these names in my head as well and use them some time down the road. :)
Rhoda, Rhonda, Maybel, Bernice, Olivette, Petunia - Leslie
I have to admit, I don't know if it was her actual name in the Bible or a name that "Uncle Dan and Aunt Sue" came up with in "Your Story Hour", but every time I hear Rhoda, I just think of the girl that let Peter (or was it Paul) into the house when he had been in prison and the angels let him out. They were having a prayer meeting at her house...you know, in the Bible. Anyway, not sure what that had to do with anything except that Dezzie is only a couple years old, and I think all these names would be great if I had an older car. Or possibly a van. :)
Thanks for the names! It was fun!
6 comments:
Hmmm Tam . ..with all your comments of "I'll have to use that later," I got a little worried about how many more cars you think you're going to go through in your lifetime! : )
I guess it's either that or LOTS of kids?
I think the name is great!
(I'm actually saving the name Vashti for if I ever own a Siamese cat...which will probably never a happen...Don't you think it's very fitting for a cat?)
So glad Dezzie has a name!!
You picked mine?!? YAY! I think Dezzie is very fitting :) Are you putting it on your license plate?
amber, I should mention, I name a lot more than cars or children. :)
sarah, that would be very cute and fitting for your cat!
bek, yep, I chose yours!!! I think it's too expensive to get a personalized plate :(
i was thinking that your car seemed sporty and sophisticated, and it reminded me of someone in a movie. i had to look it up because i forgot who it was, but it was fran from the wedding planner. :)
I think you picked the best one! She looks like a Dezzie. I really do like your new car.....and I am relieved that she has a nice name!
Stay awake at work tonight! :-)
Ruthie
Post a Comment