June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Friday, December 12, 2008

Just thought it was worth posting...apparently, my co-worker got in a fight with her husband last night and threw a blow dryer at him. Then, he proceeded to laugh at her when she missed.
They leave tomorrow to spend 12 days together
...in an RV.
My other co-worker threw a pancake at her husband because he came up to hug her while cooking.
She refers to it as "The Pancake Incident".
They have both spent the past 10 minutes telling me how lucky I am to be single and that I should think long and hard before ever getting married.
I assured them I would.
They also comforted me that I'm still very young and lucky because by time I'm ready to be married, all my friends will be divorced and I can have my pick of the litter.
wow.
I think I'm going to go celebrate singleness...:)

9 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

HILARIOUS!!!!

You seriously have the most entertaining life.

Anonymous said...

That is so pathetically sad!!! You should recommend that they both read Love and Respect with their husbands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mindy said...

Wow...I have never heard that last comment in all my life! I agree...pathetically sad.

Singleness is great but marriage with God in the center is great also! Just so you know, not every marriage results in the wives throwing things at their husbands. :) Just look at the great examples of wonderful marriages in your family and among your friends!

I also agree with Sarah...your life is very entertaining! :) I know I'll always get at least a smile when I visit your blog, but usually a laugh too!

Tami said...

Thanks for the comment, Mindy. I actually thought that while they were talking (probably should have mentioned that)...how thankful I am for the examples of marriage in my life.
Honestly, I used to be pretty anti-marriage, and these stories would have been definite "fuel to the fire"...but now I think marriage sounds great too! I really think God blesses abundantly no matter where we are in life, single or married.
So yes, I agree, I think marriage looks like it could be great and does not have to result in throwing things. :)

Marla said...

I have to confess that one time (al long time ago) I got so mad at Gary that I threw a bottle of dish soap. Not really AT him, but I did throw it and when it landed on my kitchen CARPET, the lid broke off and liquid soap was over a good portion of floor. The problem was the more I scrubbed the more suds I got. Served me right!

Tami said...

marla, that's hilarious! it must happen to the best of us. :)

megs @ whadusay said...

wow - I don't really know what to say to that post...

As for the comments - I never knew my mom through dish soap at my dad and I have to say it makes me laugh! :)

hubergal said...

oh my word. that is so horrible. come to me and i'll give you a different picture of marriage entirely. ! :)
~shar

hubergal said...

reading my comment comes off more serious than i meant it. i don't know if elaborating more will make it better or worse, but anyway... it's just sad that they would seriously have the thought that you could wait and have the pick of your divorced friends spouses.

but as marla pointed out, even the best marriages have some not so lovely moments. (though it sounds funny to me.) :)
~shar