June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Thursday, October 16, 2008

I've been tagged!

I think I've done this before, but I was tagged, so I'm going to try to come up with 7 TRULY random things about me...I'm going to try to think of things that not even my sisters know, which will really be a challenge:

1. Sometimes, I fake pop my knuckles...I've posted before about my bone fedish, so I can't ever technically pop my knucles, but sometimes, when I'm nervous, I do the action without actually popping the bone.

2. I have a scar from each of my nephews and one from Darci. I'm just waiting for the one from Aria. :)

3. I've been caught singing by strangers. Once, it was by a friend and her boyfriend while driving (she told me later). Apparently, I was performing an impressive rendition of "A Moment Like This"...yes, I'm ebaressed by the song, in case you were wondering. The other 2 times, I was literally singing with a hairbrush. Once, it was the Meter Man was starring at me with a look of shock and the other time, it was our neighbor's son. I'm not sure why, but at the time, I wasn't even that embaressed...it wasn't until about 20 min. later that the horror of it all set in.

4. I still love to listen to Adventures in Odyssey. That's it...nothing else to say on that one.

5. My first crush was in kindergarten...on two boys...because they could spin a mean top...I was taller than them both...neither of the liked me...or even knew that I existed...until I was trying to change into my swim suit, and the towel things wasn't working out quite right...they got a good laugh...I had a good cry.

6. I played soccer from the 3rd grade until I was a Senior in high school. For some reason, I didn't realize that until I was talking with a friend one day. I'm not that good...you think I should be after all those years.

7. I don't like Keith Green music. I know that I just created a TON of enimies...so let me explain. I think he's got great lyrics, and I know he was a great man...but I strongly dislike listening to him sing...and don't mind some of the songs, but overall, am not a huge fan. I'm not a Keith Green finatic like many of my friends are...believe me, I've endured great persecution due to this. :)

I think I'm supposed to tage people now...I think I'm going to have to pass on that since most of the people's blogs I read were already tagged. By the way, I think my sisters knew almost all those, so I wasn't as random as I had hoped. :)

4 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

well then, here's some more persecution: YOU DON'T LIKE KEITH GREEN?! How dare you!

(although I must admit it took me probably a year or two of Seth making me listen to it in his car to actually enjoy it...Now I LOVE him...infact he's in my CD player right now!)

Your list was so funny! I wonder if Rebekah & Heidi learned 7 new things about you...I sure that WAS a challenge!

leah said...

well i've been listening to keith green for my whole life, and i still don't really appreciate his music...i am the lone ranger in the gerber family that is for sure. :)

i remember being so annoyed that his CDs were so long...they never ended and when they did their was always CD #2...UGH!

Rebekah said...

Leah, that is hillarious!


tami, great list as always. I think I pretty much knew all of those. I'm surprised you didn't mention people catching dancing? he he he

Sandra said...

Tami...I am right with you on Keith Green. I am NOT a fan at all. My dearest husband likes him and I just have to leave the room when he is singing. I know its bad, but its true.