Ron Dunn once said that good and bad usually run on parallel train tracks and they usually arrive at the same time. I've found that to be very true. It's true today. As you know, I haven't had a car, and so my faithful sister, Rebekah, loads up her 3 kids every day and drives me to work and picks me up.
Well, the GOOD is that I got a rental car (more on that in a future post).
The BAD, is that I'm sad 'cause it's almost 4:15 and for the past couple weeks, this is the time when I'd have the highlight of my day as I'd get in the car and I'd hear Darci say, "Tami!". Josh would be in the very back eagerly telling me something he had accomplished with his mom that day.
I miss you already, my little man and best girlfriend. :)
Thanks Bek, for all the rides. I'm sure it wont be the last...but you and Heidi always make my car problems so fun with all the rides you give me!
3 comments:
Tami, this comment is in reference to your post below where you referenced Keith Green:
I think Keith Green is one of the most overrated Christian singers ever. I don't understand how Keith Green can be so beloved by the AC world yet 'the Cathedrals' go ignored by the under 40 crowd.
I confess I do like a few of his songs, 'Rushing Wind' and 'Grace by Which I stand' come to mind. However for every good song Keith sang he sang 20 horrible songs that are impossible to listen to. Plus I feel like Keith Green wrote his songs for an audience of people with the average age of about 6 years old. His music would be perfect on a Christian Sesame Street.
I have always pretended to love Keith Green to fit in when I cared about being a cool AC. Plus Brooke Monfre, Tommy Hoerr, Brent Rocke and other of my close friends put him right up there with the Apostle Paul, Billy Graham, and Martin Luther in Christian history. So in order for them not to hate me I always took one for the team, closed my eyes sang along with Oh Lord You're Beautiful enthusiastically.
Now that a couple of years have passed, and I live 1200 miles away, and I really don't care about making enemies in Illinois I can confess this. Plus since I moved to Florida 10 months ago, I haven't heard the name Keith Green mentioned once at church or among all my new Christian friends. So apparently he isn't the all-time undefeated champion of all Christian music for eternity like I had been lead to assume.
So let the hate mail flow. I'm prepared as I listen to the rich, full, beautiful voice of George Younce fill my apartment drowning out the high pitched howling of Keith Green.
Wow, that felt good. I weigh like 5 less pounds now.
your very welcome tami. I miss the rides too. I told Matt last night that I was kind of sad that you finally got a car. I think he thought I was a little crazy. But it's true. It was fun being your chauffer (sp?) for awhile!
love,
bek
THANK YOU! so much for the sweet sweet comment. It was so nice of you!
Post a Comment