
I know...it's never as fun to hear about someone's dream as it is to have it yourself. However, I've had some really bizzar dreams in my life. I mean, really strange. I actually haven't posted any of the really weird ones because I wonder about the psychoanalysis and how mentally messed up it would find me to be. However, by now, I think most of the regular readers probably wouldn't be too shocked with my oddities, and for some reason, I continue to post them. I guess I'm willing to sacrifice some (or alot of) personal dignity for the sake of a post.
So back to the dreams. Probably the oddest one that I've ever had was that I was an eagle. I even landed in my nest with my little eaglets.
Another dream I had was about a few months after the war began. In my dream, President Bush had decided to step down from his term and Colin Powell needed a vacation. So they were asking me to take over being Commander in Chief of the war. I kept saying, "I don't think I can do this. Are you sure?" Colin Powell was like, "I'm just a phone call away if you need any help. Tami, you're the Joan of Arc of our day"....I think I ended up agreeing to it. Wow. Good thing that was only a dream.
So last night, we had our first C2W practice (Call to Worship). I'm not sure what it was about the practice that made me have this dream...but in my dream, I was riding my bike home from the practice (something already very wrong about this picture). For some reason, I was covered in spaghetti sauce, and I don't know why, but I know that Ben L. had something to do with it and he thought it was funny. Well, I was trying very hard to pedal my bike up and down these hills as Eric and Dustin Huber road beside me. Eric kept saying, "You can do it, Tam!" as Dustin was serenading me on the guitar because, according to Justin Meece (in my dream), his music could give me wings. I finally got to a car wash where I was going to spray off my bike, but there was a really long line of cars in the do-it-yourself line. So I decided to ride my bike through the automatic car wash. As you can imagine, as soon as the car wash started, I had those plastic brushes whipping me in the face as I was being thrown around the car wash. I was pedalling as hard as I could to get through, and when I got to the end of it, Andy Kaufmann was standing there laughing hysterically at me. I just acted like I didn't see him and kept riding my bike 'cause I was so embaressed but I woke up 'cause I was laughing so hard.
So, 2 things come to mind:
1st, I would have loved to see myself while I was dreaming that. I'm sure I was hitting myself in the face for the car wash and just trying to picture myself pedalling cracks me up.
2nd, I'm not sure why each of my C2W buddies were in my dream in that way, but that's really funny!
So, you may not have gotten as big of a kick out of this dream as I did, but it still makes me laugh as I type this.
Just another silly nothing I guess!
15 comments:
Tami,
i love your dreams...they are a litle strange though.
I didn't even realize that I had won that one clue I guessed at!!! I was so excited, I never win anything! (at least where it requires brains) So, my guess is going to be William the grandson, with a rolling pin, in the family room. (or living room...I don't remember what you called it)
-Heidi
tami, those are hysterical. :)
~shar
What a dream! I was laughing out loud but trying not to, because I didn't want to explain why I was laughing. :)
I love that his music gives you wings!
Thanks for making me smile!
Sooo funny!
LOVE the picture too...great!
Tami, I think you have the gift of prophecy...I was planning on bringing a jar of spaghetti sauce with me to the next C2W and dumping it on your head. But I guess I'll have to think of something else. I am laughing out loud in my office! Hilarious.
-Ben
Tami...I was laughing out loud reading your dreams! I have ones just as random...seriously... :)
alesa
LOL Tami you are hilarious! I too was laughing out loud! I loved the part where Dustin's music could give you wings and that Andy was at the end of the car wash laughing at you...not trying to help you, just laughing at you! Love the post!
I find that the Hubers are in my dreams at least 5-6 times per week.
Hilarious! I apologize on behalf of my husband's possible behavior of laughing at you in your deam. Too funny!
I dream like once a month or so that I lose a tooth. It's quite traumatic.
I have such strange dreams too...but I am never able to remember them so vividly!
The most traumatic one I've had recently was that I ruined the peaceful surrender between the Americans and Japanese during WWII by accidentally shooting a bunch of the Japanese who had come for the signing of the surrender. I just kept howling, "WHO gave me the gun!?!" (when I woke up I was all shook up until I started to think about it and I started laughing...it doesn't matter WHO gave you the gun woman! You just don't start shooting it off!)
Oh Tam that is so so funny!! It's amazing you can remember them so vividly too!
You look adorable in the picture at the top by the way! :)
I'd like to hear more about your prophetic dreams in regards to marriage. Hint! Hint! :-)
Oh and I'm trying to figure out how Dustin was riding a bike and playing a guitar. Now that's multitasking! :-)
okay, Heids...your turn...any crazy Heidi dreams to complete the Inoue circle?
Thanks for sharing ladies...too, too funny!
I am going to guess it is Tami the housekeeper with a candle stick in the living room.
Tami this totally cracked me up!! :)
I have had a few WEIRD ones in my day as well...... wonder if it runs in the family?
Post a Comment