
It's true. I think I've probably got the best brothers anyone could ever ask for. Seriously. If I could have chosed any 2 guys to join our family, it would definitely have been Matt and Jarod. When I was little, I used to be soooo sad that I didn't have a big brother and I would imagine how awesome it would be to have one...turns out that I got 2 brothers even BETTER than I had ever imagined. I'm definitely one of their biggest fans and could go on and on, but I'll try to keep it short.
Matt and I were good friends even in the Young Group...so when he married Bek it was (despite a couple rough weekends) a very natural transition. I can and do talk to him about anything and everything. I go to him for advice and respect him as much as anyone I know. He's one of the most genuine, sincere people I know. I think Matt has more faith in me than I do and dreams up these great things that I could do because I think he truly thinks I could succeed at anything I wanted. He's one of my very best friends. Something that I don't think most people knows or sees is that Matt is one of the funniest guys I've ever known. He's hilarious and one of the few people that can leave Jarod speechless with just a comment. When he and Bek first were married, and we'd spend the night at their place, us three (and Tara somethimes too) would sit on the couch and we'd have Matt perform for us. Great times. Love ya, Matt-a-tat!
Jarod and I were friends in the Young Group too, but he was always better friends with Bek and Heidi. When he married Heidi, I always wanted to become close to him but always thought that we'd probably never be as close as Matt and I were. However, a few years ago, I went through a pretty rough time and Jarod walked me through that time in my life. He was the only one that was able to truly relate to me and I (to this day) don't know what I would have done had he not been there for me. We've become the best of buds and even though we give eachother a hard time (and I seriously don't say half the things that come to my mind! :)) he's every bit as close as Matt. I go to him for advice all the time, and his opinion is one of the most important to me. In reverse to Matt, I think most people know he's hilarious, but Jarod also has spiritual wisdom and insight that amazes me. I've told Heidi so many times that I'm always amazed how he's able to so accurately step back and look at himself. I love talking to him about spiritual things and learn so much from him.
Matt and Jarod are being named hero because they came and helped me move all my very heavy furniture after their long hard day of work...but really, it was more just a good reason to brag on them! Love ya both!
...so much for keeping it "short".
Tam-Tam
6 comments:
What a wonderful post...perhaps, your best one yet! And fun pictures of your sisters & brothers...love-Kate
wow tami, that was such a nice post. I'm going to have to get matt over here to the computer to read this...he's probably just going to smile and say something like, "oh Tami..." but inside he's going to be loving it! the only thing that's probably going to really embaress him is that now people will know that he actually used to perform for us. It must have been that newlywed "I'll do anything for you" stage! ha ha
Wonderful post, Tami. I concur that we couldn't have asked for better men to marry Rebekah and Heidi and to become your big brothers! I'm so thankful that we have them in our family.
Love,
Aunt Pam
yep! great guys.
~shar
Loved the post and the insights into these men! I wish I had the opportunity to get to know them each better, but every time I am with them, my spirit tells me that they are wonderful, so I am not surprised by any of this!!!! So thankful that Beka and Heidi both got men they "desirved"! - cause I think they are two of the finest ladies that walk! A. Cindy
that is very very nice!
Post a Comment