I just realized today that I never finished up the post by adding the 10 things I've WANTED to do. So, here's my list (this is not an exhaustive list by any stretch of the imagination...just a few):
1. Live in California for a year of my life...I would like to do it single, not married.
2. Sky-dive. My mother always told me that I wasn't allowed to as long as I lived under her roof. Well, once I moved out, I signed up to go with work...only to have it cancelled due to weather. Everytime I've tried to go, it hasn't worked out...I'm starting to think it may be a desire that I'll have to fulfill in heaven.
3. White-water Kayak...I can't say that I've ALWAYS wanted to do this...just within the past couple years. I LOVE white water rafting...it's AMAZING!!!!!! So, when we were in India, we went, and I thought, "what could be better?!" Kayaking. This is so I could go through all the scary parts I want! I'd actually like to take a trip starting in Canada a kayak down through Colorado.
4. Be an actress. Ask my sisters and Sadie. This is actually more than a little girlish dream, although it started when I was 6 years old. This has been somewhat of a struggle (to my shame), but a few years ago, I just had to come to the conclusion that I don't think I could stay true to my values and be an actress. Now, if I had my choice, I'd like to be a director. I think I'd really like that.
5. Have my own talk show. I think this would be my dream job...I could call anyone I want and have them come in and have a conversation with them for an hour. It would be sooo fun. Also, this is also a good opportunity to clear up a rumor going around...the rumor is that I really like Oprah Winfrey. Let me clarify...there was a point a few years back when I said I wanted her job. However, I did not, nor do I now, support her or what she believes. I think the power that she holds is very unhealthy and the beliefs she has are very evil. I think she is extremely talented in what she does, but I do not support her beliefs in any sense of the word.
6. Travel to Ireland and Scotland
7. Be a good cook...again, this is more of a recent thing. 5 years ago, if you wanted to give me the worst assignment, it would be to tell me to cook something. However, I've gotten more comfortable in the kitchen, but I'm still a terrible cook. I made a new year's resolution that I wanted to become a good cook. Well, I haven't been able to cook much fun things due to this health thing I'm doing, but I've been reading through cook books and recipes. I can't wait to start actually learning to cook well. I'd love to just be an all-around good cook and be able to make gourmet food as well. Once I've "mastered" that, I'll try baking, but I'm the worst at that.
8. Learn to dance.
9. Make a really good documentary and music video. Not together...seperately. I'm always dreaming up videos in my head. I guess this kind of goes with the director thing, but everytime I hear a good song, immediately, I create a mental music video to go with it. Recently, I've really wanted to make a documentary on some local war veterans...hopefully, this one will really happen!
10. Own a horse. I've wanted this ever since I can remember. My closet used to be covered from floor to ceiling with horse pictures, and although I've gotten over the infatuation with horses, I still love them and would love to own one some day.
🪁 Ending of an Era....
2 years ago
8 comments:
Very fun list...though we are sisters we have very different 'always wanted to do'. I think only one or two were the same for me. You have always been very ambitious...I on the other hand think it would be great to clean out my storage room. Love the post- Heidi
So fun!
I enjoy cooking and would love to go to a culinary school someday...maybe we can go to the same one and learn to be amazing chefs!
Tami, you are a dreamer and I appreciate that about you because I am not!
I'm the most excited about the videos...I keep thinking you and I need to go into a little side business together...we need to chat little sis. Maybe on one of our morning walks.
love,
bek
Tami, I have already had people asking me when I would be back in the states next because they want to go sky diving again. If I can get it set up I will be sure to contact you. Have a great day I love you.
the thing that still boggles me is that the same person who talks about riding the 'giant drop' as something where the stress outweighs the fun has skydiving on her top 10! oh, tam, you confuse me sometimes :)
leslie...you're right. but the key is that feeling like i was flying is definitely equalized the stress!!! unlike dutch blitz or the big drop! :)
Oh Tami you know I am going have many thoughts about this blog so sit back. First off I am going to comment on your list than include some of my own:
1. I hate the idea of living in CA, because all I think of is all the plastic people that live in LA, however San Diego is beautiful as is most of CA so I shouldn't prejudge.
2. I would skydive.
3. I love whitewater stuff.
4. Being an actor/actress seems very unfulfilling to me. I just look at people like Heath Ledger and realize it is such an empty life.
5. I like to talk and give my opinion so I could do a talk show.
6. I have toured Scotland and LOVED IT, I am dying to go to Ireland
7. I would love to be able to cook, I am so sick of chicken nuggets, chicken breast, pizza rolls, lean pockets, cereal, chips, cottage cheese. Yup that's all I eat.
8. I feel like I am already a superb dancer, especially with a little liquid courage.
9. Naaaahh
10. I only have bad memories of horses, long story.
A couple of things I want to do:
*1. Go to LA and go to John MacArthur's church and meet him and tell him how awesome he is.
2. Be in a men's acapella quartet. Not southern gospel, just acapella (barbershop quartet?) I think that would be so fun.
3. Be a groomsmen or usher in Tami Inoue's wedding.
4. Play golf this winter with Hisato in Florida.
*5. Hit a homerun in slow-pitch softball league, I have been close, but not quite.
6. Meet a real life Mobster.
*7. Take a Mediterranean cruise.
*8. Go to a NASCAR race, just to see what they are all about.
9. Learn to fly.
*10. Try standup comedy.
* denotes things I actually have concrete plans to accomplished in the next 2-3 years.
Tami, I think you should totally make a documentary entitled "10 Things I've Always Wanted to Do", starring you completing them all!
Post a Comment