June's Character Quality

Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and not holding a grudge

Friday, October 05, 2007

Need to be heard?

With the fascination of reality TV, contests of people fighting to win a million, individuals willing to go on national television to lose weight and self respect, and everyone claiming some small corner of the cyber world with blogs and facebooks...there seems to be common desire (or maybe even a need) to be heard.
There's something about seeing our thoughts in print or our face on a screen that gives us some sense of affirmation on our lives and who we are. I think there's great value in writing our thoughts and forcing ourself to look on paper or screen the things that matter to us. Or rather, we discover what matters to us by what we write or how we behave. Along with that comes a sense or interest into the lives of others so that we can see that there's reality and celebridome combined into each person.
But as we silently scream for a voice in our world, I wonder to what all this verbage amounts. What use are we making of the attention we are given, how are we making a mark for Jesus with our words? With the entire world trying to yell above the other, what is the unison of cries that is spoken? A need to be heard...a need to be affirmed.
I think it is human nature to want to document our existence whether it's through a secret diary, the legacy of our children, or the print on a blog. Either way, I look at the trail of my documents and wonder what am I doing with my need to be heard. How am I responding to a world screaming to be heard?
In all of this talk, I close my eyes and listen...and I hear a world responding to the name of Jesus. They are responding by either praising Him for His love, questioning what seems to be an absense in the world, or crying to be filled while pushing him away.
This need to be heard...He hears...but do we hear Him? I don't know.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

very good post tami...when did you start writing on this again? very convicting. you are such a good writer...i'm always impressed by how well you can express your self in writing. I guess in context to your post you should use this gift for His glory! I love you.

Tami said...

hey bek! you win! i had a contest going with myself to see how long it would take for someone to find my blog...looks like it's you and me babe! :)...sorry, just felt like calling you that. i started the blog again 'cause i have all these thoughts that i feel like writing at times...so i write them on a blog for no one to read, but looks like you found it! :)